Today we had the vet out for a flu jab for my baby boy (2years and 9 month old Welsh Section C) so we asked the vet to have a feel to see if he was still had just the one down, (we last got him check 8 months ago,) and sadly, he still just has the left testicle, with no sign of the right one.
I've heard that Welsh ponies can bloom late, but am sure of how late? So to speak. The vet said that if it isn't down now, it's highly unlikely to drop and this late stage.
I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem? And if I should just wait for another few months till it gets warmer to see if it drops by it self? Or shell out a fair amount of money to get the operation? And also does anyone know the death rate for such operations?
Any advice would be much appreciated, as i'm very worried for the future of my baby boy, as i've been told by many people that a lot of rigs get PTS.... and this would break my heart to do that.