You are not seriously just waiting for the poor thing to die? If he is that bad off, please do the humane thing!
Have found out it can't be epm woth a little research because we live in the UK and it does not occur in this country, that's what you get for doing online vetting (his owners did this, I haven't had a lot to do with the vets as I don't own him, it's their decision what is done with him). I must stress that we will only do whats best for him, we wouldn't want to see him suffer.
I personally suspect either some kind of tumour as he has grown 2 inches recently, yet he is 14, or some kind of neurological disease. Vet is up in 2 days so we may know what it is for sure then.
Thanks for everyone's help, i'll keep you updated