Originally Posted by Hoofprints in the Sand
My mare is also very sensitive and we had an allergy panel done...she is apparently allergic to the cullicoides fly (no-see-ums)! It was recommended by the allergy company and my vet to put her on injections for desensitization of the allergens...I did that for a year and it seemed to help, but then after that it came back. That's when I called them and found out that normally you have to keep them on that regimen for 3-5 years for it to fully work. Whoops
I had two of them....got them without mane and tail hair.a year later the had it back
I used Avon Skin-so-Soft, pure, wiping it on the crest and tail bone, no rubbing in, only superficial, morning and evening, and provided a run in shed and they were okay.
Worked amazingly well, I must say. The girls noticed, too and actually called for the treatment Posted via Mobile Device