Thank you. I decided not to wrap the pastern area & turn her out a few hours daily since the salve stay's put, but today there's a new issue. The first day after she was injured, when I discovered the nasty cut she got out in the pasture, I got her up to doctor the cut. It was really inflamed and painful. I put her in our stock so I could doctor her better. She kicked, and I mean NAILED the steel post in the stock. Now I wish I'd done a dmso, furacin, dex sweat wrap to see if I could keep the contusion in check. She was still a bit of a bronc, so I didn't wrap her. Just gave her bute. Well now, approx 8-9 days later, the contusion is starting to surface.
I've got an ichthammol draw going, and have her on a round of tucoprim. I may start another thread for whoever is interested in seeing how this new issue develops. This wrap is not as padded as I normally do, but I wasn't sure how she'd take to the wrap so I did it less padding, but not as tight. She took the wrapping fine, so next time I will wrap slightly tighter, but more padded. This is the same leg as the pastern injury. The pastern injury barely shows. Always something.