Our Quarter Horse Carmen got this once in the summer and it went away. Now we recently got a new Rescue who is Covered in it! He even has it around his Eyes. He also gave it back to Carmen. Now they both have it. She doesn't have is as Bad as the New paint rescue (kitty). We have tried Fung-a-way,MTG oil, Baby oil, and pure Iodine and several other remedies. Which are not working. Kitty is now starting to loose the fur around his eyes and a little on his back.a horse savvy person suggest that we get a spray bottle and do 1/4th Iodine 1/4th Bleach/clorox and 1/2 water. I was thinking maybe spraying the bleach on their and leaving it would bleach their fur? And it would hurt them??? What else do you guys suggest?
Any help is greatly appreciated as we would like to get this cleared up before it spreads to the other 3 horses!!