I thought I'd better give an update on Sierra.
Today, Sierra is actually doing better but does appear to be getting aggressive to the other horses. I believe that is a side effect of these meds. We'll see.
The sores are slowly healing, the skin has stopped sloughing off and hair has grown in on most of the places where the skin came off.
My big concern is she is on two powerful (and expensive) drugs and she cannot stay on them. My husband and I have decided if we can't get her off these meds or if the homeopathic doctor (who we are trying next) doesn't help and we have to take weeks to get her stable again, we will euthanize her. It's been a hard decision but we don't feel we can put her through this time and time again. But all that said, I'm still not giving up just yet. We just want her to have quality to her life if we can give her that. And not with lots of medications. Sooner or later, the medications will do damage to kidneys/liver and give her laminitis.
Who knows, we might be over the hump and don't know it yet. She does have a twinkle in her eye and she is running/bucking around with the herd like life is grand.