Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gloomy Indianapolis
You poor thing! I can only imagine how scary that was! Jack has never choked but his half brother did and it was terrible, thankfully he choked on pelleted grain and as soon as the vet tubed him the water dissolved the pellets and washed it down. Something you might consider from now on is putting decent sized rocks in his grain bucket, just a couple. It slows them down since they have to pick around the rocks and move them to get all of the grain/pellets and lessens the chance of choke. As someone else mentioned I've also heard that it will happen easier once they choke. Glad Pistol is ok!