called the vet out last sunday, he suggest starting them on 25 CC's of penicillin twice a day. And if they arn't better by tuesday to give him a call. Long behold they ARN'T better. So we called him on tuesday, he never picked up we left a frantic voicemail, the next day we called the vet office to get ahold of the other equine vet there, she answers and refuses to let us bring them in to be seen because of the contagiousness of it, and offers to come out, and says she will call us back.
She never called us back yesterday, today she calls me to tell me it is probably a URI (granted I still haven't gotten to talk to MY vet because he is on vacation now..) and that they need a shot of Exede, and continues to say that it will cost well over 1000$ to treat them all.. that's fine and all but my vet said a shot of Exede would only cost 50$'s a piece which would put us at 350$s and not over 1000$
Another option we were told would be 200 S.N.V pills (i think that's what they were..) we would give 10 of them twice a day, which would also be about 400 to treat all 7 and the donkey. Right now as we speak I am waiting on the vet to call me back about the SNV pills, she is "consulting my vet" about them. Im really at a loss has anyone else experienced this?
As of right now their symptoms include
Cough that sounds productive,
A couple of them have swollen nodes under their jaws
A couple of them have diarrhea
A few of them are having complications peeing it seems
Their appetite's seem fine
If anyone has any insight on to what this could be or what more I could do for them at this point I would be greatly appreciative.