Protien comparsion...
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health

Protien comparsion...

This is a discussion on Protien comparsion... within the Horse Health forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • 113grams conversion

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-23-2009, 08:48 PM
  #1
Started
Protien comparsion...

If you have a feed you would like me to convert post link and give me some time to get it done...

All numbers are rounded for conversion to be easier :)

Whole Oats.... from the NRC
Protien...13.6% or 48 grams per lb
Lysine.... .55% or 2 grams per lb
NSC....53% or 188grams per lb

Ration Balancer
Protien... 32%...113grams per lb
Lysine...2.0%... 9 grams per lb
NSC 18% ....64grams per lb

So you can feed 4lbs of oats and get the same PROTIEN as 1lb of Ration Balancer with
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-23-2009, 09:34 PM
  #2
Foal
Lightbulb

PeggySue,
We feed limited amounts of soaked, no-malasses beet pulp. There is an anlaysis on the bag, but I am told that beet pulp varies depending on which part of the country it is coming from. Any idea how different the values can be?

EPMhorse
     
    06-23-2009, 09:43 PM
  #3
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggysue    
So you can feed 4lbs of oats and get the same PROTIEN as 1lb of Ration Balancer with
The problem with a Ration Balancer for some horses is the concentrated nature of the protein. A concentrated protein source is not appropriate for every horse. Heck, there's probably nothing that's best for every horse.
     
    06-23-2009, 09:44 PM
  #4
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMhorse    
PeggySue,
We feed limited amounts of soaked, no-malasses beet pulp. There is an anlaysis on the bag, but I am told that beet pulp varies depending on which part of the country it is coming from. Any idea how different the values can be?

EPMhorse

This is a great place to check AVERAGES , meaning all that is sent to this company or dairy one to be tested
http://www.equi-analytical.com/Commo...es/default.asp

Go to common feed profiles click ok then it will let you find what you want

Protien is 7.95 to 10.969 on beet pulp dry
NSC is from 3% to 19%
     
    06-23-2009, 09:46 PM
  #5
Started
Joshie what MOST people dont' realize is the PROTIEN isn't the problem the sugars and starches are ON average people use a 3 qt scoop of oats that is about 2.5 to 3lbs depending on the oats (yes I ahve weighed them) .. and do that TWICE a day ...
     
    06-23-2009, 10:04 PM
  #6
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggysue    
Joshie what MOST people dont' realize is the PROTIEN isn't the problem the sugars and starches are ON average people use a 3 qt scoop of oats that is about 2.5 to 3lbs depending on the oats (yes I ahve weighed them) .. and do that TWICE a day ...
Peggysue, I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. Yes, I get that sugars and starches are too plentiful for some horses in some feeds. But some horses can be damaged by concentrated protein sources. I'm not saying all horses, or even most horses are damaged by this but some are damaged. Again, nothing is right for every horse.
     
    06-23-2009, 10:09 PM
  #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshie    
Peggysue, I don't think you're getting what I'm saying. Yes, I get that sugars and starches are too plentiful for some horses in some feeds. But some horses can be damaged by concentrated protein sources. I'm not saying all horses, or even most horses are damaged by this but some are damaged. Again, nothing is right for every horse.

I will go with the two pounds of oats twice a day and with all that energy those sugars and starches have I will be able to line up 10 mares in a row and he will have all the energy to shout out.....................


LINE THEM UP GIRLS I AM READY FOR ACTION !!!!!!!!!!

Bahwahahahahahaha
     
    06-23-2009, 10:23 PM
  #8
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder    
I will go with the two pounds of oats twice a day and with all that energy those sugars and starches have I will be able to line up 10 mares in a row and he will have all the energy to shout out.....................


LINE THEM UP GIRLS I AM READY FOR ACTION !!!!!!!!!!

Bahwahahahahahaha
Obviously, you cannot hear what your boy is saying. Listen, girl!

Your boy is saying he wants to come home to Illinois with ME!

     
    06-23-2009, 10:31 PM
  #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshie    
Obviously, you cannot hear what your boy is saying. Listen, girl!

Your boy is saying he wants to come home to Illinois with ME!

Well he eats tons of food. You know what they say about men and their stomachs.

And I was told he is IR so maybe you don't really want him?
     
    06-23-2009, 10:37 PM
  #10
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder    
Well he eats tons of food. You know what they say about men and their stomachs.

And I was told he is IR so maybe you don't really want him?
Well, I've heard he's skinny and needs some meat on his bones. Anyway, HE wants a good home so HE wants to come home with ME.

He says he doesn't want to end up like this at your house:

He wants to end up like this at my house:

     

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0