It looks about 2mm deep..but it looks like a clotted blood scab inside as well..I'm going back up now, so I'm going to get it opened back up to get it cleaned out and apply some swat and an antibiotic salve thing.
She's going to be in a stall, so I think I'm going to just leave it open and see how it does before I wrap it if necessary.
I'm almost positive she's utd on tetanus when I got her vaccs in march.
I got betadine to flush it out with Posted via Mobile Device
Well..just left the barn. My mum didn't help much with holding and was terrified, but atleast I got my mum to touch her, haha.
I took a stiff brush and brushed it with the hose running over it, broke up the clotted blood and got some pus out of it, sprayed it with the hose (pressure this time) and applied a drawing salve and swat around it.
So, she's in a stall for now and I'll be back tomorrow to reapply salve and swat. She's still perky, so I think she'll be fine. Posted via Mobile Device
I can't tell where exactly it's at LOL. Is it that small-ish bump about halfway down her cannon on the outside?
Anyway, is sounds like you've got everything well in hand. There's no lameness is there? In that area, I'd be a little concerned about tendon involvement, but if there's no lameness then I bet she's fine.
Sounds like you are doing great. Because you got some puss out of it make sure you monitor her temperature and keep it open as long as it is draining (in case there is something in it). Let it scab over when it's done.
See..the temperature is the main issue right now. I have a feeling she's going to absolutely lose it if I try to stick a thermometer in her.
Currently she can barely control herself with me just touching any of the swollen part, and I was debating on twitching her for cleaning it out. She kept trying to strike at me, stomping, threatening to kick, etc the whole time, I'm surprised I didn't get knocked with her knee, haha.
I'm going to see if I can get anything out of it again tomorrow, and if not I'll just leave it alone with just salve and SWAT until it's done healing..unless it gets worse, then I'll decide on what to do, haha. Posted via Mobile Device