Farrier came Thursday night and I went to dinner. Fed Friday AM - he was fine. Lunged Friday PM he seemed fine. Rode Saturday and he took a couple off steps, like he stepped on uneven ground or a rock. Sunday - LAME. Gave him some bute and put him to bed. I texted my farrier today to come check him but he was sick and said he'd be out tomorrow. Still lame. He cantered in for dinner but at the walk there is a slight head bob and at the trot - huge head bob. I can tell which hoof but I feel no heat and I tapped it with the hoof pick and didn't see where the issue was.
Trying to decide if I should just call the vet or let the farrier pull the shoe and reset it? IF he comes out tomorrow. If he doesn't - new farrier. Tired of him not being there when I need him... :(