Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind
I do not think four days is a crazy amount of time to wait for a reset.
His schedule is busy. He fits you in.
With the price of gas I am sure he does not want to drive way out of his way just to reset a shoe.
If you do not like him, which it sounds like this the case, then find another farrier, that is fair.
When my horse is lame I do not instantly assume my farrier did something wrong. I start with the more common and obvious issues like an abscess.
That's not true. I actually really like him and I do not trust farriers that I do not konw or that others have not used. I also did not immediately assume it was the farrier. That is why I asked the question in the first place. I was trying to decide if it was a vet or a farrier call. I'm trying to figure out if I have an abscess or a quick.
My issue is that I know my horse is in pain and I want it fixed asap. If it's a simple reseting a shoe then I want it done. If it's a call to the vet for ichthomal or digging out an abscess then I want to do it.
He texted that he'll be out tonight.