Thank you Ryle. She has not had any diagnostics done, I talked to my vet about it, he did not want to do any and said it was probably strangles due to her history of having it in February.
I had been putting hot compresses on the area 2x a day and washing it well, and the vet also told me to put Icthamol on it. It was only open enough for me to flush it out one morning only. The second time it swelled up, I had the vet out and had wanted him to lance it for me and drain it. He told me just the leave it and that it would drain on its own. To be honest, I just think he doesn't want to deal with it. He also wanted to give her a course of penicillin, but I did not after reading how penicillin can prolong strangles if they already have absesses developed and could cause ******* strangles. Am I wrong?
I wanted to call a different vet out weeks ago, but my fiance wanted me to just wait it out. I think its PAST time I call and find someone that will actually do something for me, our usual vet is obvously not interested in helping me out on this. I don't want this poor mare in quarantine the rest of the summer if possible!
Any other advice is appreciated. I will keep updated on things when I get someone else out here to look at her.