There has been a breakout of Strangles at many local barns but not yet at the barn my horses are at. My horses were vaccinated last spring for Strangles but not this spring yet, our barn had the vaccine coming up pretty soon when everybody does it at the same time.
But I have heard that you should not vaccinate during a breakout because if your horse has any symptoms to the vaccine you won't be able to tell if he is actually sick or not.
Then I researched Strangles on the internet and found a page that said you should vaccinate immediately during a breakout.
The link to the page is here - http://www.cyberhorse.net.au/csl/strangles.htm
So what do I do? Should I vaccinate my horses asap, or wait until later?