I've seen a few horses with a relatively similar injury, go to a certain barn where the horses are mostly turned out all the time and then come back to soundness fairly quickly. I don't know if this makes a difference, but our horse likes to play (a lot). This would most definitely be cheaper but my trainer said that this would delay his recovery and would not be the best route of recovery either.
Our trainer has offered to take him back from us and give us a some of him back. Unfortunately, it's very little compared to what we paid for him.
So I'm wondering:
1. Should we put him out to pasture for some time or keep him in his stall (I think he's about to kill himself though)?
2. Should we give him back even though we would get very little back and it would be a rather large loss? (I really don't want to, but financial issues)
3. What kind of management would this injury need after he recovers (if we keep him)?
If you could try to answer one of these questions that would be great! I know that I should talk to my parents about this, but I was wondering if any of you had any advice! Thank you! (Sorry that this is so long)