Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: An English Girl living in beautiful Alberta, Canada
• Horses: 0
Good Grief, poor thing!
Get the vet out; it probably is an allergic reaction, and the vet will be able to administer steroids. I do think you need the vet, that's quite a severe reaction and you don't want further reactions happening causing swelling in your horses airways.
While you're waiting for the vet, consider everything you have exposed your horse to in the last 48 hours - whether inhaled, touched or consumed. Any changes of feed, clothing, pasture, tack, shampoos, fly sprays? Any recent incoming swarms of insects?
Good luck, I hope you get it resolved swiftly and easily.
Get up, get going, seize the day. Enjoy the sunshine, the rain, cloudy days, snowstorms, and thunder. Getting on your horse is always worth the effort.