I don't see anything wrong with asking questions on a forum about something such as this when there is no heat, pain, or fever. However I do think the best advice received on this matter is the old "call the vet" addage. You don't have to have the vet out but you probably should have a chat with them over the phone. They of course won't make any diagnosis without seeing the animal but I think they can give you a good feeling as to if this is a wait and see type of situation. Because it's been going on for a while, I personally would call the vet, if it were my horse.
Since it is your horse, it is your decision but my concern is that it's something serious that if you wait too long, you won't be able to treat.
I wish you luck and please keep us posted....
I may call my vet and ask. But I do not plan of having him out unless he thinks it's nessesary.
It is not causing him pain, if it was I would have called him in a heartbeat. He doesn't even flinch when I touch it.
I have had my B.O. Look at it. She thinks it's just a form of stalking up as well. I gave him some turnout, and it is mostly gone now. Like usual.
Posted via Mobile Device