Just looking for some tell tale signs of a sick horse and the average temp range of a healthy horse.
My guy has been breathing sort of hard and his nose is kind of runny, but my guess is that it is simply allergies. It just started recently, a little over a month (basically once it started getting warmer) , so I'm not too concerned. He is quite spazzy when riding, and he is MORE than willing to eat
Also wondering...do horses know when a plant is poisonous for them? I've always wondered this out of curiosity. Let's say there is a poisonous plant or some kind of bug spray on a plant, do they know to stay away from it? I figured they would due to instinct and how the horses in the wild would react, but I'm certainly no expert.