Thoroughbreds AND people on here! Stop with the finger pointing. - Page 4
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health

Thoroughbreds AND people on here! Stop with the finger pointing.

This is a discussion on Thoroughbreds AND people on here! Stop with the finger pointing. within the Horse Health forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category
  • Rebacking an ex racehorse

Like Tree107Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-04-2013, 01:09 AM
  #31
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animallover707    
Everyone lately has been telling me how appaloosas are 'so dumb and ugly' and they don't see how I could own them its making me very upset.
I love appoloosas! They are so cute, especially the ones with the speckled pink noses! She was just joking, don't take it seriously.
acorn likes this.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-04-2013, 01:58 AM
  #32
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animallover707    
Everyone lately has been telling me how appaloosas are 'so dumb and ugly' and they don't see how I could own them its making me very upset.


It was a joke.

If people are bashing your horse then just ignore them. Your horse doesn't care whether its being called dumb and ugly. As long as they have hay in their bellies and get to roll in the mud, I find that many *cough* all *cough* horses don't give a rats arse what anybodies saying. So you shouldn't either.
     
    03-04-2013, 06:52 AM
  #33
Started
I'm going to roll with hating TB's at the moment.. the silly broodmare at the yard decided to jump on my toe this morning!! It's purely her fault as she is a TB, and not mine at all for not paying attention while the eejit in the next paddock tried to eat her over the fence.

But heck, I'm sure from my previous posts you all know I'd never go anywhere near those awful TBs, especially the racing sort.
     
    03-04-2013, 07:05 AM
  #34
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple    
I'm going to roll with hating TB's at the moment.. the silly broodmare at the yard decided to jump on my toe this morning!! It's purely her fault as she is a TB, and not mine at all for not paying attention while the eejit in the next paddock tried to eat her over the fence.

But heck, I'm sure from my previous posts you all know I'd never go anywhere near those awful TBs, especially the racing sort.
sorry but this is really funny

My mare is a TB - ex racehorse - temperamental - hormonal - sweet - and we love her to bits!
I admit, I haven't rode for 20 years and as she's due (or overdue) to foal I thought i'd give her another 12 months before I have her rebacked, but I'll be calling in the professionals due to her being an ex-racer, but then again, no matter what breed I had, i'd be doing that anyway, both for my safety, and for the comfort of the horse - but I personally think that's the responsible thing to do as I'm so long out of the saddle (and now have a fear of breaking bones lol) - and is nothing to do with her being a TB.

Being a new user to the forum, I can honestly say I've never been questioned as to why I have an ex-racer TB and have only had positive, helpful advice. But if I find these, TB haters, then watch out
     
    03-04-2013, 12:47 PM
  #35
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animallover707    
Ok that freaking hurt. I love appys and they are my FAVORITE breed. Geez.

But then again I guess my opinion doesnt matter, because no one really cares.
I owned an Appy for about a year, he WAS absolutely insane, but my vet suspected something was wrong in the head (tumor?). But yes, winky face did indicate joking.
     
    03-04-2013, 12:54 PM
  #36
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animallover707    
Ok that freaking hurt. I love appys and they are my FAVORITE breed. Geez.

But then again I guess my opinion doesnt matter, because no one really cares.
Pity Party for one there, Animal?

Define 'everybody', because I sure as heck haven't seen ANYONE bash appys on this forum. As far as no one really caring, your stories are absolutely too far fetched to take seriously. You're just lucky nobody's called you out on all your discrepancies.
Misty'sGirl, Cat, nvr2many and 6 others like this.
     
    03-04-2013, 01:33 PM
  #37
Foal
Hey, Animallover;

How can anyone not love a spotted horse?? My friend has a palamino quarterhorse and dreams of getting an appaloosa some day. Of course I am on the west coast so maybe they are just popular over here. But they are adorable and cute and there is no reason for anyone to "hate" any horse or be breedest in any way. Chances are if someone is bashing your horse they are jealous and nothing more or they are stupid and immature. No horse should be ever called ugly. Some people are just idiotic. Don't listen to them.
     
    03-04-2013, 01:36 PM
  #38
Yearling
My answer? Who cares if someone hates your breed of choice? It's your horse, you're the only one who has to like it. I guess I just don't care what people say about me or my animals, it's a waste of energy to dwell on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-04-2013, 01:44 PM
  #39
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassierae    
My answer? Who cares if someone hates your breed of choice? It's your horse, you're the only one who has to like it. I guess I just don't care what people say about me or my animals, it's a waste of energy to dwell on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly!! People look down their noses at all my animals. My big draft cross (we live in a ranching community where QHs rule), my 60lbs Aussie/St Bernard mix ("Why did you get such a big, fluffy dog?"), heck even our 4-month-old Aussie/border collie isn't immune to negative remarks ("She's cute, but how do you deal with her energy? And do you realize she's going to be huge?" She's already about 3/4 the size of the big dog and weighs half as much). But they don't have to live with them or deal with them and they're the perfect animals for me, so I don't really giving a flying rat's pattootie en fuego what anyone says about them.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-04-2013, 01:47 PM
  #40
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
Pity Party for one there, Animal?

Define 'everybody', because I sure as heck haven't seen ANYONE bash appys on this forum. As far as no one really caring, your stories are absolutely too far fetched to take seriously. You're just lucky nobody's called you out on all your discrepancies.
Just have to say, SPEED, you really make my day!!!
Muppetgirl likes this.
     

Tags
hate, lies, thoroughbred

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why do people hate thoroughbreds?!? Thoro Horse Talk 44 11-17-2011 03:55 AM
How to stop people from giving advice KeroKero Horse Talk 30 09-11-2011 08:49 PM
How do I stop a foal from trying to play with people? thatgirlcaitlin Horse Training 13 03-26-2011 09:40 PM
Since when did people stop liking to work? justsambam08 Horse Talk 14 12-06-2009 02:12 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0