I just heard about a lady who says her horses were poisoned by someone putting Tylenol in their drinking trough. She said 2 horses died and a 3rd made it, but isn't in good health. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?
I'm thinking, first, wouldn't you need a WHOLE LOT to poison horses? It would get diluted in a trough, and a human can take up to 4000 mg/day. A horse weighs a heck of a lot more than a person, and diluted into a water trough, wouldn't you need quite a few bottles tossed into the trough? And second, would it be lethal, or just make them sick? I guess that would probably depend on how much they were given.
Any opinions, ideas or thoughts would be appreciated, especially from any vets, vet techs or such.