Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove
Thats the thing... there's not many farriers here that will come out to where we are.
After realizing that you and the horse and farrier are separated by an ocean, and the horse is in an area without a lot of farriers, I am betting that the farrier was telling you that it would be okay to wait until May, for your peace of mind.
My farrier mentions all the time how much it costs him to drive to places with just one or two horses - he doesn't want to charge them a bigger trip fee but he loses money because of the price of gas and drive time, instead of seeing more clients. She may know how hard it is to get someone out there and is telling you that your horse won't be harmed by waiting longer between trims.