well with e coli and horses
New here and not much of a horse person. My wife and I have a hobby farm and have recently put some paddocks in a back field. Farm used to have a chicken barn (long gone) but the well (which has been open to the elements for who knows how long) was tested and has some ecoli.
We were carting water from the house well out to the paddocks, but would like to automate this and use the well.
My question is about the horses "sensitivity" to water with e coli... we were going to put some javex down the well in the spring and pump it out a couple of times...
My concern is, of course, the horse's health.
Are horses sensitive to e coli as we are?