What can you say about the condition of this horse? - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health

What can you say about the condition of this horse?

This is a discussion on What can you say about the condition of this horse? within the Horse Health forums, part of the Keeping and Caring for Horses category

    Like Tree18Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-29-2011, 08:42 PM
      #21
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SueNH    
    Looks like the same horse to me with different exposures or tweaking of the film.
    Good catch, the pics were taken within a minute of each other, the flash fired on one but not on the other.

    Yes it is a very hairy Haflinger, in slightly drawn down condition because she had a huge colt still feeding on her, and also not in anyway fit.

    Here is a better shot of her taken a week later, she is on the far left



    I was shocked when I saw the differences in the pics when I first saw them, and it did make me wonder how often we make judgements about horses just from one pic.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-29-2011, 08:57 PM
      #22
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
    Good catch, the pics were taken within a minute of each other, the flash fired on one but not on the other.

    Yes it is a very hairy Haflinger, in slightly drawn down condition because she had a huge colt still feeding on her, and also not in anyway fit.

    Here is a better shot of her taken a week later, she is on the far left



    I was shocked when I saw the differences in the pics when I first saw them, and it did make me wonder how often we make judgements about horses just from one pic.

    Ahh, I wasn't sure- you have more than one haffy, don't you? Its amazing what only one shot can tell you when you get a different angle, light etc... like those horse confo threads... its difficult to say off one post... I remember seeing some close ups off Duffy 4 weeks after I got her thinking yeah she's looking great... took a few strides back with a camera and she looked horrid!
         
        12-29-2011, 09:38 PM
      #23
    Super Moderator
    GH you have so many horses you could start your own cavalry.!
    csimkunas6 likes this.
         
        12-29-2011, 09:44 PM
      #24
    Trained
    A Golden cavalry, with some spots, and couple of big guys!
         
        12-30-2011, 01:18 AM
      #25
    Yearling
    Light condition
         
        12-30-2011, 01:20 AM
      #26
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
    A Golden cavalry, with some spots, and couple of big guys!
    May I join your cavalry? I would like a sword please.....
    Wallaby and DuffyDuck like this.
         
        12-30-2011, 01:06 PM
      #27
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
    Good catch, the pics were taken within a minute of each other, the flash fired on one but not on the other.

    Yes it is a very hairy Haflinger, in slightly drawn down condition because she had a huge colt still feeding on her, and also not in anyway fit.

    Here is a better shot of her taken a week later, she is on the far left



    I was shocked when I saw the differences in the pics when I first saw them, and it did make me wonder how often we make judgements about horses just from one pic.

    I agree. Especially pregnant/nursing mares
         
        12-30-2011, 06:05 PM
      #28
    Trained
    I have to say it's the only time since I have owned her, that I have had any sort of firm evidence that she actually had ribs
         
        12-30-2011, 07:02 PM
      #29
    Yearling
    Golden horse I love your picture an Xmas card photo
         
        12-30-2011, 07:25 PM
      #30
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tnavas    
    Golden horse I love your picture an Xmas card photo

    I liked the heads better



    But it was this one from the same shoot that became the Christmas card

    SueNH likes this.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    What condition did you buy your horse in? DuffyDuck Horse Pictures 23 11-09-2011 02:52 PM
    My horse skin condition? cjjusa Horse Health 7 08-16-2011 01:27 PM
    how do condition your horse for CTR Gidget Trail Riding 21 03-22-2011 10:30 PM
    How do I go about blanketing mid-winter- my horse is losing condition Rache7549 Horse Health 4 02-01-2011 08:19 PM
    Your way to condition a horse... xpyrrohs Horse Training 10 03-09-2009 01:27 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0