So the big questions;
1) Should I continue this "touch-and-go" game, or give her the winter off and see how she is in the spring?
2) Should I get a second vet/opinion?
3) Should I keep her barefoot or go back to shoes [natural balance and most recently my vet suggested heel wedges?]?
4) If I continue to touch and go, what can I do to best support her legs? I've been using my no-bow wraps while lunging because it's the most supportive thing I have. Is that a bad idea? Does it do nothing? Should I get something better?
5) I have liniment, should I use that? Before or after exercise?
I only want to work her because she looks like poo. Her topline is vanishing, she's losing all her muscle tone. She's finally starting to look like an 18 year old mare, and I HATE IT. BUT, if having several more months off would be in her best interest, I'll do it. What would you do with her? She's my everything, and her health is of utmost importance to me, I just don't know what would be best...
Cookies for anyone who read this, and then ice cream for the ones who reply. Please. I really need some insight, I'm at a total loss. =|