White Lightning treatment is extremely toxic!
So I used some white lightning the other day to treat by guy for white line disease. I used it in the barn (didn't say anything on the container about needing to use it outside) and noticed a very strong odor. I immediately brought him outside and looked up the properties on the chemical.
Turns out white lightning makes chlorine dioxide gas, which has an IDLH of only 5ppm and a TLV of 0.1ppm!! Nasty and dangerous stuff!
I had no idea it created such a dangerous by-product, so thought I should let all of you know. Do NOT use this product in your barn or in an enclosed area. Make sure your outside in an open area, and preferably when its a touch windy outside.
I deal with chemicals on a daily basis, and am quite PO'd that I exposed myself to this without having any fore warning. I plan on contacting the company and voicing my concern on how poorly their products are labeled for health and safety.
Posted via Mobile Device