Looking to hire professional trainer in Virginia - Page 3 - The Horse Forum
 71Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 41 Old 06-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,083
• Horses: 2
If you have time to post on here, you have time to research lessons. We ALL have lives, that include jobs, houses to keep up and errands to run, but many of us find time for our horses.

You really don't seem to "hear" a thing we say, and seem determined to just go your merry way with your mare regardless of her condition, etc. It is getting old. I, for one, am beginning to feel like I am beating my head against a wall.

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......
franknbeans is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 41 Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,772
• Horses: 2
no professional trainer will take in and break out a horse thats in poor condition like your filly is. they will send you home, say feed her, and bring her back when shes at a proper weight.
Posted via Mobile Device
CLaPorte432 is offline  
post #23 of 41 Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 90
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
If you have time to post on here, you have time to research lessons. We ALL have lives, that include jobs, houses to keep up and errands to run, but many of us find time for our horses.

You really don't seem to "hear" a thing we say, and seem determined to just go your merry way with your mare regardless of her condition, etc. It is getting old. I, for one, am beginning to feel like I am beating my head against a wall.
Lord no I am listening to you and everyone else on the forum.My horse has to be at least 600-650lbs and she is in between 500-550 so she's 100lbs underweight.I am going to call around to try and find her some quality hay.When a person has a young horse they have their hands full especially a filly.She had her first cycle March 18, 2013 and stayed in heat for a week.I thought she came in yesterday but she didn't she might be getting ready to come in because she was squatting when she urinated.The reason I didn't mention her heat cycle was because there is men on the forum and they don't like to hear things like that.I've got it marked on the calendar.I am taking the advice to heart because horses are new to me have been for 2 1/2 years.I love horses I thought they behaved good and I learned that sometimes they don't they can kill you.Thank you guys for the advice I can't thank you enough!
Posted via Mobile Device
PrincessBarbie is offline  
post #24 of 41 Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Desert from Hell, CA.
Posts: 1,377
• Horses: 5
1, most men here have horses and a mares cycle is a fact of life. Im sure they dont feel delicate about it.

2, can you ride? if not, why bother breaking a young, skinny horse that you cant even ride?

3, I agree if you can post here you can squeeze in time for lessons. I have 2 kids, cats, dogs, and I am usually taking college courses. Oh, and horses too...and if I can find time for lessons, so can you.

4, someone is feedin you a load of nonsense, and you're eating it up. Read, read and read some more. the internet may not be the most reliable source of info, but a lot of the sticky posts here are a great way to learn.

PrincessBarbie, no offense, but you scare me just a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth, the Goblin King
I move the stars for no one.
RIP Pumpkin: 2012-8/26/13
demonwolfmoon is offline  
post #25 of 41 Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,083
• Horses: 2
I am waiting for the "maybe she is preggo" post......just waiting........:-/

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......
franknbeans is offline  
post #26 of 41 Old 06-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,927
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBarbie View Post
Lord no I am listening to you and everyone else on the forum.My horse has to be at least 600-650lbs and she is in between 500-550 so she's 100lbs underweight.

How did you judge her current weight?

I am going to call around to try and find her some quality hay.When a person has a young horse they have their hands full especially a filly.

Who told you a filly was harder to handle than a colt?

She had her first cycle March 18, 2013 and stayed in heat for a week.I thought she came in yesterday but she didn't she might be getting ready to come in because she was squatting when she urinated.

Most mare do squat when urinating.

The reason I didn't mention her heat cycle was because there is men on the forum and they don't like to hear things like that.

There are millions of men across the world, who have mares, check their vulvas, handle breedings some even have wives and know women have periods. Any man who reads these forums knows all about anything we might talk about, so don't worry.

I've got it marked on the calendar.I am taking the advice to heart because horses are new to me have been for 2 1/2 years.I love horses I thought they behaved good and I learned that sometimes they don't they can kill you.Thank you guys for the advice I can't thank you enough!

I am glad that you are listening to those who have offered advice here, but after 2 1/2 years in horses, it does worry me a little that you are not a little more educated. Has someone been advising you locally? If so, I'm tending to think that they are not particularly knowledgeable themselves. Did someone help you choose your filly? Go with you to purchase her?

I AM glad you have come here with your questions. Lots of knowledgeable people to help you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Lizzie
FeatheredFeet is offline  
post #27 of 41 Old 06-12-2013, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 90
• Horses: 1
You taught me something new I didn't know that most mares squat when urinating.I thought the only time they squat is when the are in season.I am not going to let Sedrick the mule get with her because 1)She needs to gain more weight and make sure she is in healthy condition before having a foal,2) She has to be full grown.I have different plans for my horse.I am going to breed her to a high dollar Tennessee Walker one that is gentle and one that has championship bloodline later on.I will answer your questions when I get to a computer someone had stole my computer that I had.I am going to get me a brand new one.Thank you for the advice
Posted via Mobile Device
PrincessBarbie is offline  
post #28 of 41 Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,083
• Horses: 2
At this point the farthest thing from your thoughts should be breeding this poor little thing. Again I beg you. Please move to a place where there are knowledgeable folks to help you, if you really want what is best for your horse.

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......
franknbeans is offline  
post #29 of 41 Old 06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Powhatan, Virginia
Posts: 877
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBarbie View Post
You taught me something new I didn't know that most mares squat when urinating.I thought the only time they squat is when the are in season.I am not going to let Sedrick the mule get with her because 1)She needs to gain more weight and make sure she is in healthy condition before having a foal,2) She has to be full grown.I have different plans for my horse.I am going to breed her to a high dollar Tennessee Walker one that is gentle and one that has championship bloodline later on.I will answer your questions when I get to a computer someone had stole my computer that I had.I am going to get me a brand new one.Thank you for the advice
Posted via Mobile Device


What part of VA are in you in? I can definitely recommend some places for you. Trainers and barns who are knowledgable and can help you with all your horse endeavors
xlionesss is offline  
post #30 of 41 Old 06-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Desert from Hell, CA.
Posts: 1,377
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBarbie View Post
You taught me something new I didn't know that most mares squat when urinating.I thought the only time they squat is when the are in season.I am not going to let Sedrick the mule get with her because 1)She needs to gain more weight and make sure she is in healthy condition before having a foal,2) She has to be full grown.I have different plans for my horse.I am going to breed her to a high dollar Tennessee Walker one that is gentle and one that has championship bloodline later on.I will answer your questions when I get to a computer someone had stole my computer that I had.I am going to get me a brand new one.Thank you for the advice
Posted via Mobile Device
Why in the world are you even fantasizing about breeding this poor, hungry looking animal? You say you dont have time for lessons. you feed her hardly any hay, and you're "learning", Which is great, but its At Your Horses Expense!

inexperienced people like you..and I for that matter....SHOULD NOT BE BREEDING. And that horse would probably die if she was bred in her condition. If you dont have time for lessons or mare care, how would you have time for ensuring a healthy foal?!

I am very afraid for your horse. **** thing deserves a serious break in life....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareth, the Goblin King
I move the stars for no one.
RIP Pumpkin: 2012-8/26/13
demonwolfmoon is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hire a trainer or be my own? WyomingSissy Horse Training 16 10-17-2012 11:47 AM
Define; Professional Trainer Sinister Horse Talk 7 02-07-2012 09:11 PM
Becoming A Professional Horse Trainer Phantom Legacy Horse Training 27 12-11-2010 12:30 AM
Hire a trainer! rtdonell Horse Talk 13 07-08-2010 06:17 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome