BAD day need information on property rights - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horse Law

BAD day need information on property rights

This is a discussion on BAD day need information on property rights within the Horse Law forums, part of the Horse Resources category
  • Can animal control come onto my property to do wefare check on horses

Like Tree73Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
  #11
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by themacpack    
The point of a site visit/investigation/welfare check IS to get proof (or to show the lack of proof) of any reported concerns. The report does not require proof.
SO does anything get done to the person who complained, I don't want them stalking us or anything.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-30-2013, 10:34 PM
  #12
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfina    
You can report "several horses wearing blindfolds" to the SPCA...

All that happens is they come out, see that they are healthy, cared for (and wearing FLY MASKS in my case) and close the complaint.
what seriously blind folds oh god I've heard it all now
     
    01-30-2013, 10:37 PM
  #13
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phly    
People can report what ever they like. SPCA coming out and taking pics may be the last you hear of them. They just need to document that they were there, and as it sounds, everything was Okee dokee. If horses in the rain is illegal, I'm a felon!
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm right with you having horses out in the elements. We are such bad owners!
Posted via Mobile Device
RockyTrails likes this.
     
    01-30-2013, 10:39 PM
  #14
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbypony    
SO does anything get done to the person who complained, I don't want them stalking us or anything.
I would guess that most complaints are done anonymously. Unless they can prove someone is making unwarranted claims and making false reports, not much can be done.
Posted via Mobile Device
themacpack and chubbypony like this.
     
    01-30-2013, 10:54 PM
  #15
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by usandpets    
I would guess that most complaints are done anonymously. Unless they can prove someone is making unwarranted claims and making false reports, not much can be done.
Posted via Mobile Device
okay thanks I feel a bit better im still a bit freaked out someone was creepin on us like that.
     
    01-30-2013, 11:14 PM
  #16
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbypony    
I don't know where to start, I've been at work from 11 to 9 and come home to Chaos. Im sorry if some of this doesnt make sense I am very upset and shacking.

A little background on our barn. We rent a 7 stall 2 run in barn and have 7 horses 2 ponies on 13 acre. All are chubby and healthy I keep all vet records and have plenty of hay. Most are rescues and are only ridden lightly.
There is a house on the property that is rented by someone else. I can take videos to prove all of this of course :)

SO the SPCA apparently got a phone call and some photos of our horses out side in the rain from yesterday. All my horses have blankets on and we have a huge run in on the barn and a small run in plus seven stalls. The front field looks gross of course since it has been raining and they run around a lot. That field only has trees and no run in but they go inside at night.
Apparently the SPCA just came on the property and started looking around. The guy who rents the house came out to talk to her and she said she needed to speak to the owners and was he gave her our number.
The older woman living in the house (bless her soul I wish she was my grammy ) called us up right away upset and told us what happened, she is home all the time and said the day before there was a black SUV taking pictures of the horses. So now I don't know what to do. Was the SPCA aloud to just go on the property without the owner consent and look around? I wont know until Friday apparently what they want but im so upset about the whole thing. What should I do I feel like im getting so defense but I can't help it these are my pride and joy.

Where do I stand or what should I do? Has anyone ever dealt with this before.

I doubt they can legally come onto your property without a search warrant. And reasonable suspicion is only allowed for police not animal control.
My horses are outside in the weather almost constantly in snow temps to and below 0 even tho barn door is open with their stalls wide open. I gave up putting blankets on them because they shred them,
It is hopefully nothing serious.
They took pictures and verified horses were fine and that will no doubt be last of it. Nothing wrong with horses in the weather.
chubbypony likes this.
     
    01-30-2013, 11:20 PM
  #17
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTrails    
I doubt they can legally come onto your property without a search warrant. And reasonable suspicion is only allowed for police not animal control.
My horses are outside in the weather almost constantly in snow temps to and below 0. I gave up putting blankets on them because they shred them,
It is hopefully nothing serious.
They need to do their jobs and crack down on the people who have bags of bones hobbling around on their property and leave people who take care of their horses alone.
I couldnt agree more. I've tried searching for info on legally if she was aloud on the property considering its private. I have no problem getting checked up on but I would have liked to be there seeing as she could have been bit or kicked.
RockyTrails likes this.
     
    01-30-2013, 11:28 PM
  #18
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbypony    
I couldnt agree more. I've tried searching for info on legally if she was aloud on the property considering its private. I have no problem getting checked up on but I would have liked to be there seeing as she could have been bit or kicked.

That is very true. Course that is their own risk since they are technically trespassing going in with animals without search warrant, It is one thing to take pictures but to enter barn or pasture they need your consent or a warrant.
     
    01-30-2013, 11:38 PM
  #19
Green Broke
Wow..sounds like what happened to us last year when I was at my previous barn. Except, AC and RSPCA have no right to come onto private property without permission from the owners from what I've been told.

I'd get that looked up and see if you can charge for trespassing (I don't care what they're job is, my property is my property).

Are you by chance in western pa? I wouldn't put it past a few boarders I know that would call on something so stupid because they genuinely feel that they should be the only owners (with the disrespectful and dangerous horses nonetheless, lol).
A boarder called AC on my BO because there was a FILM of ice over the trough last winter...I really can't believe people some times.
Posted via Mobile Device
chubbypony and RockyTrails like this.
     
    01-30-2013, 11:45 PM
  #20
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseul    
Wow..sounds like what happened to us last year when I was at my previous barn. Except, AC and RSPCA have no right to come onto private property without permission from the owners from what I've been told.

I'd get that looked up and see if you can charge for trespassing (I don't care what they're job is, my property is my property).

Are you by chance in western pa? I wouldn't put it past a few boarders I know that would call on something so stupid because they genuinely feel that they should be the only owners (with the disrespectful and dangerous horses nonetheless, lol).
A boarder called AC on my BO because there was a FILM of ice over the trough last winter...I really can't believe people some times.
Posted via Mobile Device
Im in Eastern PA. I don't want to get the SPCA in trouble but I don't want the person who reported it to stalk us or do some thing crazy seeing as she reported us for having horses out in the rain. :( You know how the rain has been in PA.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gay Rights The Northwest Cowgirl General Off Topic Discussion 160 07-03-2012 11:38 PM
what are my rights? what can I do? moderncowgirl Horse Law 47 02-19-2012 04:20 PM
Bragging Rights! Show us what you got! fresh paint girl Horse Talk 49 11-17-2011 04:48 PM
My rights? caligirl70 Horse Law 22 07-25-2011 09:22 PM
Rights to sell? dmj1993 Horse Law 21 09-06-2010 11:50 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0