Originally Posted by Kray012
Yeah, I told them I was not going to pay them, and then they said that since I "don't want her back" someone is coming to pick her up Friday, March 1. I don't know if it is true, but it sure seems like it!
I agree with every one else. Go get her. Don't go alone and I would first file a statement with the police or something (what ever you feel is necessary) so that they can't just call in a stolen horse the minute you get her off the property. Remove her before Friday, or if absolutely nothing else works, ask for a third party to hold her until this can be sorted out. Do not let any buyers
(if they exist) take her.
I definitely agree that this is extortion. Unless the horse is actively showing (and doing well) or she has exceptional training and potential, I don't know any one who will pay $10,000 for a grade. I'm assuming if she was at a training facility she hasn't been actively shown?