Enough for small claims? - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horse Law

Enough for small claims?

This is a discussion on Enough for small claims? within the Horse Law forums, part of the Horse Resources category

    Like Tree50Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-14-2013, 06:48 PM
      #21
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe4d    
    excuse me, but that is not buyer beware, that is FRAUD and its a crime, call her and demand your money back or you will file charges. Call the police in her area and also the postal inspectors. How did you pay for saddle ? If it was a credit card, call your bank and report it
    Actually, he DID imply threats, with telling them "you will file charges".......

    Granny-it is not the same as shoe sizes. At all. People seem to measure saddles however they want. There seem to be differing trains of thought, and Western measured differently than english, etc......In fact we had a thread here at one point. So, people easily measure the same thing and get different sizes. That is why it is critical that you know HOW they measured it, and the exact points they measured from. Same goes with gullet. That is JUST as much of an "Ify" thing, if not more.
    Speed Racer and demonwolfmoon like this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-14-2013, 06:55 PM
      #22
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franknbeans    
    Actually, he DID imply threats, with telling them "you will file charges".......

    Granny-it is not the same as shoe sizes. At all. People seem to measure saddles however they want. There seem to be differing trains of thought, and Western measured differently than english, etc......In fact we had a thread here at one point. So, people easily measure the same thing and get different sizes. That is why it is critical that you know HOW they measured it, and the exact points they measured from. Same goes with gullet. That is JUST as much of an "Ify" thing, if not more.
    those are not threats. Telling someone you are going to file charges is not a threat rofl!!!! Oh dear. I'd like to see you try to report to the police that someone called you saying they were going to file charges. "Um yes officer he said he was going to file charges!!" rofl oh dear god.
         
        04-14-2013, 06:56 PM
      #23
    Green Broke
    If you bought a saddle without getting pictures if the measurements, then I'm sorry that you had to learn a hard lesson.

    If you used EBay or PayPal, if you saved the item description, and take your own measurement pictures, you maybe can get your money back.

    If not, resell it yourself for $400
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        04-14-2013, 07:10 PM
      #24
    Green Broke
    I'd file claim if pp, cc or e-bay.

    Could try to sell it. And may do so.

    But I would at least inquire as to filing charges as it is interstate fraud possibly on seller's part.

    For that matter? We don't know if this person had 10 of these saddles and simply sent her wrong size, the right one went to someone else and she just doesn't want to admit she is wrong.
         
        04-14-2013, 07:16 PM
      #25
    Foal
    FNB, I guess we will have to agree to disagree, I do see your point and do agree with many other things I see you post on HF. I just, for me, I back what I sell, whether I am right or wrong, I am old school, the customer, no matter how bad I want to choke them out, is always right. I know I work dang hard for my income so to feel duped in a situation like this, it's easy for me to take the side of the buyer. To me, taking back merchandise to resell to the right buyer that will be happy with it, that's just what I do.
    The internet sales to me are what kills local businesses. Like Americans can totally provides sales to one another, yet they come with no warranty, no guarantee, no returns, and yet these big corps, like Walmart, where nothing is made in the US, back their crappy products and that's where everyone decides to shop b/c at least when they are unhappy (justified or not), they feel like they are done right, to me, if I was the seller, it would be no big deal, I'd tell her to ship it back to me and I'd refund her. I'm already in the market to sell, so relisting wouldn't be a big deal and I'd already have the connections to re-sell. And MAYBE, she'd come back and buy a halter, or something, knowing I offered great customer service, which in the end, would cover my loss of returning the original product. Plus, she might tell a friend how easy it was to deal with the "dreadful" return process, who needed 10 new blankets for her barn come winter.
    But again, I will agree to disagree on this one, to each his own, and now I know I won't ever shop E-Bay for horse stuff LOL
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franknbeans    

    Granny-it is not the same as shoe sizes. At all. People seem to measure saddles however they want. There seem to be differing trains of thought, and Western measured differently than english, etc......In fact we had a thread here at one point. So, people easily measure the same thing and get different sizes. That is why it is critical that you know HOW they measured it, and the exact points they measured from. Same goes with gullet. That is JUST as much of an "Ify" thing, if not more.
         
        04-14-2013, 07:17 PM
      #26
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PurpleMonkeyWrench    
    those are not threats. Telling someone you are going to file charges is not a threat rofl!!!! Oh dear. I'd like to see you try to report to the police that someone called you saying they were going to file charges. "Um yes officer he said he was going to file charges!!" rofl oh dear god.
    Perhaps it doesn't fit YOUR description of a threat, of one in some legal book However, I will guarantee you some of us would at least think twice. No need to be so condescending with all of your "rofl". That is insulting. Then add the "oh dear god" like it is the dumbest thing you have EVER heard. We all know you are so much better than those of us "regular" folks.
         
        04-14-2013, 07:33 PM
      #27
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by franknbeans    
    Perhaps it doesn't fit YOUR description of a threat, of one in some legal book However, I will guarantee you some of us would at least think twice. No need to be so condescending with all of your "rofl". That is insulting. Then add the "oh dear god" like it is the dumbest thing you have EVER heard. We all know you are so much better than those of us "regular" folks.
    sorry my laughing offended you and I sometimes speak my mind. I apologize, but there is no need to stoop to my level. Correct?
         
        04-14-2013, 10:17 PM
      #28
    Yearling
    PurpleMonkeyWrench...you are being wretchedly rude, and it's not only obnoxious, but it's also unwarranted. As stated before, this is a family forum and there is no need for that. That's kind of like me seeing someone else's rudeness and one-upping it with a "What, are you twelve?"

    But again, that would be rude.

    That being said... YEAH, telling someone that either made a mistake or is about to get screwed over by a lovely buyer *IS* a threat! If you haven't had to pay for lawyers before, then you may not know that, but my lawyer costs me $250 an hour. It's not all that easy or fun, and even if someone is completely honest and innocent of the accusations, their time is spent, their energy is spent, their money is spent and they have to suffer through worrying about the situation.

    It would be all well and good if people were honest, or if justice was REALLY BLIND, but let's be honest....sometimes, a judgement is based on however Judge Jane Doe feels that day, ESPECIALLY in small claims court. It's not always right, but that's the way it is.

    @Granny: I don't think it's like buying a size 8 shoe and getting a 9 or whatever...it's more like ordering an 8W and getting an 8M. ;)
    franknbeans likes this.
         
        04-14-2013, 10:20 PM
      #29
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PurpleMonkeyWrench    
    Threatening them? He said nothing about threatening them. Wow lmao wow
    Just to make you giggle a little bit harder at the expense of others:

    Threat [thret]
    Noun
    1.
    A declaration of an intention or determination to inflict punishment, injury, etc., in retaliation for, or conditionally upon, some action or course; menace: He confessed under the threat of imprisonment.
    2.
    An indication or warning of probable trouble: The threat of a storm was in the air.
    3.
    A person or thing that threatens.
    Verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
    4.
    Archaic. To threaten.


    ***********

    As in, Joe (for example) calls someone up and says "hey, if you don't give me all my money back, I'm going to say that the item wasn't described and take you to small claims!!!"
         
        04-14-2013, 10:45 PM
      #30
    Yearling
    How is back-lashing when I already apologized make you a more mature than me? I genuinely apologized and your ongoing rants are only fueling the fires. So please lets try not to act 12 as I clearly do and dismiss the problem at hand. Also, if she just called to tell the person they are filing a charge and warrants nothing out of it, that is not included in your Wikipedia definition of a threat.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Fake kids, false claims cost billions kitten_Val General Off Topic Discussion 6 05-25-2012 09:25 AM
    car accidents and time limitations on filing claims amandaandeggo Cars and Trucks 2 08-13-2011 09:54 PM
    Am I crazy for looking at this horse? How small is too small? poultrygirl Horse Talk 8 06-03-2011 12:31 AM
    insurance claims... anyone know this stuff? free_sprtd General Off Topic Discussion 2 11-21-2008 09:17 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0