It's illegal to paint sparrows to sell as parakeets (Harper Woods)
It's illegal to serenade your girlfriend (Kalamazoo)
All bathing suits must have been inspected by the chief of police (Rochester)
It's illegal for a man to scowl at his wife on Sunday (Detroit)
A woman isn't allowed to cut her hair without her husband's permission.
Smoking in bed is illegal (Sault Ste Marie)
Babies are not permitted to cry after 11pm on Saturday nights
If a couple kisses on Sunday, the person who instigated the kiss shall be punished.
I found these on the internet doing a random search of 'weird laws'. I was really bored. Haha. There are some crazy ones out there!! If anyone else has any weird laws that they can find, horse related or not, you should post them!
- It's illegal in Marion, South Carolina, to tickle a female under her chin
With a feather duster to get her attention while she's riding a horse.
- In New York City, it is illegal to open or close an umbrella in the presence of a horse.
- It is illegal to fish from horseback in Washington D.C, Colorado, and Utah.
- Tennessee prohibits riders from lassoing fish.
Probley because some horses freak at umbrella's. Hehehe imagine that in the middle of New York City.
- Mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.
- Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
- An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
- It is illegal to put tomatoes in clam chowder.
- It's illegal to take a lion to the movies.
- Children may smoke, but they may not purchase cigarettes.
- In 1659 the state of Massachusetts outlawed Christmas.
- It is illegal to give beer to hospital patients.
- Candy may not contain more than 1% of alcohol.
- Shooting ranges may not set up targets that resemble human beings.
- Affiliation with the Communist party is illegal.
- Quakers and witches are banned.
- Duels to the death permitted on the common on Sundays provided that the Governor is present.
There were some really funny ones, but there are kids on this site..