Week later the barn owner contacts me and told me they seized my other two horses, due to back board and that my daughters and I are banned from the property. If we attempt to enter the property the police will be called. For my TB I signed a stable agreement in May when I got him. We originally had a verbal agreement that I would purchase the QH's for a trail progam. I would pay for feed and she would board for free. At some point they decided this was not viable due to insurance restrictions.
As a result the stable agreement was not signed until September. She is claiming I owe her money prior to the signing of the agreement for the QH's. If the stable agreement is a legal contract and wasn't signed until September wouldn't anything prior to be hearsay? She has no accounting system, everything is on a peice of notebook paper. She has stable agreements on all of the other horses.
I was paying her every two weeks and had even arranged a lease for my horses in order to increase the money I could pay her. The only payment I did not make was the week I had to put my mare down because it cost me $700.
I need to get my horses back, she neglects her own and I fear for their well being. Plus my daughters are devastated!! What can I do??