To negotiate or not? - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horse Law

To negotiate or not?

This is a discussion on To negotiate or not? within the Horse Law forums, part of the Horse Resources category
  • When is negotiating just rude?

Like Tree10Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-03-2011, 09:54 AM
  #11
Weanling
Saddle,

She is expecting a phone call (she lives about a hour and a half away). If she lived closer, I would definitely just go there with the $1,500. I am very nervous to call because I don't know how exactly to bring it up. "...I know we agreed to $1,800 but....." Lol, just sounds rude to me. I'm horrible at bargaining haha


Also, the horse is already at my boarding facility (has been for a month on the 10th).
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-03-2011, 11:44 AM
  #12
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly22790    
Saddle,

She is expecting a phone call (she lives about a hour and a half away). If she lived closer, I would definitely just go there with the $1,500. I am very nervous to call because I don't know how exactly to bring it up. "...I know we agreed to $1,800 but....." Lol, just sounds rude to me. I'm horrible at bargaining haha


Also, the horse is already at my boarding facility (has been for a month on the 10th).
When you call and say "id like to buy her- and I would like to offer you $1500."
You want to be interested, but eager. If she counters back something, bring up the rearing and how feel that is a danger but you feel you can "work with it". If I know horse people- which I do, she is NOT going to want to pack up that horse and lose a sale and go through this WHOLE process again for a measly $300 dollars.

Maybe you offer her $1550 or $1600 instead, it sounds a little bit closer to what she was asking and its kind of in the middle of what you BOTH want.
     
    11-03-2011, 11:56 AM
  #13
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly22790    
That makes sense dreamcatcher. The only thing is I am certain I want to buy her, whether or not she agrees to lower the price at all. So if I say no thanks and she does not offer a price reduction.. I just lost my horse. Trying to figure out a way to ask without being rude.
Posted via Mobile Device
Then I don't understand why you are negotiating, if you want the mare at $1800 then pay it!

When I bought Ace, she is the only horse that I have ever paid the advertised price for, I wanted her and wasn't prepared to lose her, so I wasn't going to dicker over the price.
     
    11-03-2011, 12:17 PM
  #14
Trained
Not every time and if you offend the seller, she may just walk away if she is not desperate.
     
    11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
  #15
Weanling
Thanks everyone. I called her and we agreed on 1,650$
Posted via Mobile Device
jumpingrules92 likes this.
     
    11-03-2011, 02:50 PM
  #16
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly22790    
Thanks everyone. I called her and we agreed on 1,650$
Posted via Mobile Device
Congrats! That's awesome!
Kelly22790 likes this.
     
    11-03-2011, 03:00 PM
  #17
Trained
Glad you could make a deal, congrats
Kelly22790 likes this.
     
    11-03-2011, 04:31 PM
  #18
Trained
Congrats!
Kelly22790 likes this.
     
    11-03-2011, 05:25 PM
  #19
Foal
Congratulations ;)
You know we now expect a fully detailed training journal with a ton of pictures ;) daily :P ... ;)
Posted via Mobile Device
Kelly22790 likes this.
     
    11-03-2011, 11:58 PM
  #20
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
Then I don't understand why you are negotiating, if you want the mare at $1800 then pay it!

When I bought Ace, she is the only horse that I have ever paid the advertised price for, I wanted her and wasn't prepared to lose her, so I wasn't going to dicker over the price.
That was pretty much the way I bought Vanna. I wanted her badly enough that I was prepared to pay her full asking price. I knew I was leaving with her regardless, so I didn't even both negotiating. I was pleasantly surprised when they dropped the price for me on account of not having her hooves trimmed up.

OP - Congratulations on the new horse. Pictures ARE a necessity!
     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0