I'm working on that. We still have no personal communication with T (which, at this point, I would prefer.). We are working things out through the BO who is trying to resolve this for us. I'm actually surprised she got a check from T for the vet.
For surrendering the horse due to finances, she's sure put herself in a financial bind.
Well, I can't see blaming the BO entirely, since we were not there, and didn't witness it ourselves. It might have happened so fast, that there was no way to stop them. The post says that the BO tried to stop them. As screwy as the laws are now, if they had tried to block them in, there might have been some sort of charges THEY could file, like false imprisonment or hostage holding or something equally stupid. It seems I heard a similar situation, of someone blocking someone else in for a good reason, and they got in big trouble for it. I sure hope she gets here horse back!
She is so torn up about it. I can move from horse to horse and not really be effected. My sister grew so attached to this pony in such a short time. She can't stop thinking about him. I tried showing her some other horses for sale and gave her some options, but she's not interested. She was so excited to have him and always talked about him and bragged about him, and now he's gone. The worst part about it, for me anyways, is that this was her first taste of horse ownership and she got ****ed over so quickly.
She's now thinking about trying to make a deal. Maybe offer a few hundred to whoever has him now and see if they'll accept it and bring the pony back. I could probably find out where he is if I did enough digging (I'm scary good at that stuff) but I'm not confident they would go for the offer.
At first I was angry that the BO allowed the horse to be taken, but when I settled down I realized that she was protecting herself by not stopping the trailer since she had no ownership documents. I can't blame her for that.
I guess I'm still kind of shocked and I don't know how to get my sister over this. I brought up the fact that he was showing signs of cushings disease after I witnessed his symtoms. She asked her boss if she could take a day off to meet the vet to discuss it, got permission and before the vet was called, the horse was gone.
If the horse has cushings, she may be an expensive horse to keep. She could end up with laminitis and become lame and not usable. If the people wanted that pony badly enough to throw away their integrity, I guess they wanted it. I would put my efforts into finding a healthy, sound horse and get all the paperwork this time.
I agree about the cushings and my sister was willing to care for the pony knowing he might have the disease.
I do believe the people who took him have lost their credibility and the barns respect. She used to be liked, but when word got around, people became disgusted with her. One boarder said that he's never looked as good as when my sister took responsibility over him.
We did find a nice, healthy pony for her. She still misses her first one, but she's moving on and in live all over again with the her second one. Posted via Mobile Device