Transferring papers?

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horse Law

Transferring papers?

This is a discussion on Transferring papers? within the Horse Law forums, part of the Horse Resources category
  • Transferring within a company papers
  • Papers for transferring microchipped horses

LinkBack Thread Tools
    02-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Green Broke
Question Transferring papers?

My Gelding's papers are not in our name, how can I do this? Do you have to send the papers somewhere or could I take it to a company that does legal stuff? Lol I don't know what it is called.
Sponsored Links
    02-21-2011, 09:06 PM
You will need to get a transfer report signed by the person(s) listed as the owner(s) on the papers transferring the horse to you. Then you send the signed transfer and the original papers with the membership & transfer fee to the breed association.
    02-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Green Broke
If the system works anything like the system in the Uk then you need to get a transfer of ownership form from the society who issued the papers, then you need to fill the form in, get it signed by the last registered owner. Send the forms back to the society with appropriate (read extortionate) amount of money.

They will then Dither for 6 weeks before eventually sending back kthe papers in your name!
    02-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Green Broke
He is registered with the AQHA, But the thing is I don't think the people who we bought him off of didn't transfer the papers to them...
    02-22-2011, 08:23 PM
AQHA requires that all the transfers be made (basically so they can get the transfer fee & membership fee from each person inbetween) If you are lucky, (and don't mind breaking AQHA rules) and can track down the listed owner, ask them to sign a transfer directly to you. Then send in the papers as directed above.
    02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Green Broke
Thanks! Do they have a website to find out where to send it? How much is the fee?

I don't mind breaking a few rules :)
    02-23-2011, 04:36 PM
The fee is $55 which includes the transfer fee and 1yr membership fee.

Here is a link to the transfer document you need to complete which tells you where to mail it.

The general website is
    02-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Green Broke
Thanks! Hopefully I can find the owners on the papers.
    02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Green Broke
Good luck. THe WPCS has had my papers for nearly 8 weeks! Very irritating as I can't move Reeco without the passport! I hope they come back fast as It will cost me 140 a week to keep him at the producers and he should be ready within the next 2 weeks!
    02-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Green Broke
Thanks! And I hope they come soon, 8 weeks is pretty long!

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting Papers appylover31803 Horse Law 13 05-19-2015 06:35 AM
Wrong papers? horseluver250 Horse Breeds 7 03-24-2010 03:36 PM
QH/App Papers Critique Liv Horse Riding Critique 10 12-14-2008 01:17 AM
horse papers?????? pocket-pixie Horse Protection 6 10-10-2008 12:19 PM
Transferring APHA Registration - ??? Equina Horse Breeds 1 07-30-2007 08:23 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0