Three months ago I had a gentlemen (and I use that term loosely) come out to look at horses for sale. He decided on two mares that he liked, and he would like to do payments.
Fine. I ask for 25% down. He only had enough for half that, so I let it be. He signed a bill of sale stating that upon the 15th of the next month (June) a payment of $200 (That's $100 per horse. Easy montly payments, I think) is due, and that the deposit is non refundable.
I heard nothing through all of June. No payment yet in July. The contract has now been voided twice with no contact. The mares went up for sale again. I turned down two sales on one mare waiting for payments.
Now, I get an email from him stating that if I do not take the horses off the internet, he'll take me to small claims court because I'm stealing his money.
Pardon? I'm running a business, not a charity. I'm fuming!