The OP mentioned the name of the person and the farm in the very first post..
And just to set the story straight, I wrote to the farm and said a story was being posted on a public forum about the farm and saying things that made the farm sound very dishonest. So the person wrote me back, and I guess felt since the other person involved had already posted to a public forum, why not tell her side of the story?
I really don't care one way or the other. My only thought on this whole thing is" if I paid that much money for a horse over four months ago, didn't hear anything from the seller, had the bill of sale and papers on the horse and it was only 6 hours away, why in the world would ANYONE wait four months to post to a public forum about "what should I do, my lawyer says this, tell me what to do".
I would have been getting the horse as soon as she was bred and brought her home. If I could afford to pay that much money for the horse, then I certainly could afford to pay to have her brought to me.
I'm sorry, it just does not make sense. Would you buy a horse, pay for it, sight unseen, get the papers and bill of sale, then wait four months to start saying" gee, I wonder if I have been cheated?. The OP stated she had talked to her lawyer, was going to sue, etc. WHY did she not just go get the horse once the seller quit emailing her? I can see if it was across the country, but we are talking 6 hours............ ??? If she has paid for everything, has the bill of sale, had the papers, then ANY law officer would be able to go onto the farm and watch as she took possession of HER horse. She says she had full ownership, then why not go get the horse. If the first breeding didn't take, then return with the horse since she had a LFG on the stud?
Sorry, a broken ankle doesn't make you unable to ride in a car, just poses a problem with driving. So, hire a friend to drive with a trailer...... Besides, when did the OP break her ankle?
This whole thing sounds suspicious. Both sides are saying what they want to say... Both are trying to blame the other.
BUT, come on? Would any of you on this forum buy a horse and then wait over four months to go get it or make arrangements to go get it if all the money had changed hands and everything was legal? I bet not.. Especially if the seller stopped emailing and not writing or answering phone calls. I would have been driving to get my horse the second day of no contact. If the OP bought and paid for the horse and suddenly had no contact with the seller, but the horse was on the sellers property, something is wrong that the horse was not immediately picked up by the buyer.