Originally Posted by caseymyhorserocks
Never use bleach on anything alive. Bleach might kill the thrush but will also seriously dry out the horses frog and will burn the tissues in the horses hoof. Try apple cider vinegar.
Hmm, ok, I will research that. However, this has been used and recommended to me by many, many very experienced horse people, from my veterinarian to many trainers to the most experienced horse people I know, I have never heard of it 'burning' the tissues of the horse's hoof. I have personally used it for years. Of course, I want to do the best I can for my horses and my clients horses, so I shall research the matter! Thanks for your input :)