look at him now - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health > Horse Nutrition

look at him now

This is a discussion on look at him now within the Horse Nutrition forums, part of the Horse Health category

    Like Tree9Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-03-2013, 10:56 PM
      #11
    Weanling
    I think he looks pretty good, just needs muscling up and he'll be perfect.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by loosie    
    Oh just have to comment on a common mistake with rope halters... tie it around the loop from throat/cheek, not above it. That way it can't pull loose or get tight & jammed
    Look again, they tied in a snap to make it a quick release/no tie halter. Kind of defeats the purpose of having no hardware that can break, but people do strange things.
    teresa60 likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-03-2013, 11:10 PM
      #12
    Started
    Teresa60...Good job with your horse! One can tell you care a lot about him. : )
    teresa60 likes this.
         
        05-04-2013, 08:58 AM
      #13
    Started
    Teresa, he looks SUPER!! I am os glad you can get out regularly to care for him. I saw your post about a riding buddy...do you have a trailer?

    I live about 2 hours south of you, and we could meet somewhere.

    Nancy
         
        05-04-2013, 09:18 AM
      #14
    Showing
    I shall add regarding the halter. It is too low and if he were startled and flew ahead it could cause a fracture. Try to keep the knot of the cheekpiece about two fingers below the jawbone, like a regular halter. I'm curious, what is the age of this horse?
    loosie likes this.
         
        05-04-2013, 09:56 AM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greentree    
    teresa, he looks SUPER!! I am os glad you can get out regularly to care for him. I saw your post about a riding buddy...do you have a trailer?

    I live about 2 hours south of you, and we could meet somewhere.

    Nancy
    Thx 4 the comment, and no I don't have a trailer I drive a small car.
         
        05-04-2013, 09:08 PM
      #16
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FaydesMom    
    Look again, they tied in a snap to make it a quick release/no tie halter. Kind of defeats the purpose of having no hardware that can break, but people do strange things.
    Yup, did notice that.... & ignored it! I agree also with fitting the halter a lot higher too.
    teresa60 likes this.
         
        05-05-2013, 08:45 AM
      #17
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saddlebag    
    I shall add regarding the halter. It is too low and if he were startled and flew ahead it could cause a fracture. Try to keep the knot of the cheekpiece about two fingers below the jawbone, like a regular halter. I'm curious, what is the age of this horse?
    He is 16 yr's old
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0