Any opinions on Martin mills extruded horse feed vs pelleted feed?
Is it any better than the pelleted or?
Their explanation of extruded feed: "The Process" Story
Martin joined with one of the world's leading authorities on horse nutrition to develop state of the art manufacturing of horse feed. The result is extruded horse feed
The primary benefits of extrusion are an overall improvement in nutrient digestibility, a reduction in feed requirements and a decrease in incidence of digestive disturbances in horses being fed extruded feeds.
Results prove weanlings and yearlings show equal weight gains with up to one third less feed consumed when compared to textured or pelleted feed. In the extrusion of cooked horse feeds, starches in the grains are gelatinized which make it more accessible to the enzymes in the horse's stomach, which convert the cooked starches to energy for maintaining a higher level of endurance day after day. Also through cooking, the oil sack of the grain is ruptured allowing the intake of oil to the body system for a healthier coat of hair.
Martin extruded horse feeds are premium quality feeds using quality ingredients. The extruded line of horse feeds also feature set diets that do not change according to commodity pricing, thereby ensuring a consistent product. Benefits of extruded feed:
- Improves digestibility and energy availability.
- Makes starches and carbohydrates more available.
- Controls the texture and density of the feed.
- Improves protein digestibility.
- Destroys the biological activity of toxic enzymes in protein.
- Extrusion improves the shelf life of the feed.
- Increased nutrient availability means less feed is required.