Read the link! Hind gut acidosis... Sounds very not good.
Let's go over symptoms:
- Colic. We did have that twice, but not before and not since.
- Diarrhea. We've had that problem in the past (a year ago), but it seemed mostly related to stress. Haven't had a problem at all recently.
- Laminitis. Thank God I have had no problem with this.
- Cramping in the flank. She sometimes does look "sucked up" during rides. But not regularly during training.
- Allergic reactions. No problems here.
- Hypersensitivity. Mildly girthy -- use to be a lot worse.
- Foul smelling manure. Nope. None of this.
So in summary... Maybe? Maybe not?