Brickens Update and Pics - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Pictures

Brickens Update and Pics

This is a discussion on Brickens Update and Pics within the Horse Pictures forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-25-2008, 02:39 PM
      #11
    Showing
    Beautiful pics, esp. The last one. Brickens is so cute!
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-25-2008, 07:44 PM
      #12
    Yearling
    Thanks everyone!!!

    And appylover I'll try a running martingale, I just have to get one first. Lol! I've been thinking about trying him in one lately anyways. Also, I might just try taking the martingale off all together and see how he is.
         
        10-25-2008, 08:03 PM
      #13
    Started
    Awww, he is so beautiful! I love that head shot. Is your bridle red or is it the lighting?
         
        10-25-2008, 08:16 PM
      #14
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Awww, he is so beautiful! I love that head shot. Is your bridle red or is it the lighting?
    Ha.. well it's a long story.

    Brickens bridle broke a while back so I had to get a new one and the one I got was a light color to begin with so I tryed darkening oil to try to darken it some and it turned kinda orangeish. So I kept darkening it and it's now a reddish brownish color right now, but the flash from the camera does make it look worse than it actually is. I'm hoping that if I keep oiling it, it will darken eventually enough to match my saddle.

    Also, if anyone has any tips on how to make the redness go away that would be awesome. I've heard that Murphy's oil works really well to darken leather, but I'm not sure if it will ruin the leather. If anyone' tried it please let me know.

    Oh and thanks for the comment Jubilee!
         
        10-26-2008, 05:12 PM
      #15
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mudypony    
    Ha.. well it's a long story.

    Brickens bridle broke a while back so I had to get a new one and the one I got was a light color to begin with so I tryed darkening oil to try to darken it some and it turned kinda orangeish. So I kept darkening it and it's now a reddish brownish color right now, but the flash from the camera does make it look worse than it actually is. I'm hoping that if I keep oiling it, it will darken eventually enough to match my saddle.

    Also, if anyone has any tips on how to make the redness go away that would be awesome. I've heard that Murphy's oil works really well to darken leather, but I'm not sure if it will ruin the leather. If anyone' tried it please let me know.

    Oh and thanks for the comment Jubilee!
    Awww, haha. I actually think it looks quite stunning. Oh, and I totally think we should pair our horses up together. They're both bay tb's so they would make a really cute couple.
         
        10-26-2008, 06:46 PM
      #16
    Yearling
    They would be perfect together!! Lol! They're both like the exact same bay and are both typical tb's. Brickens is pretty picky about the horses he likes but lately he seems to go after every mare he sees now that he's in a pasture of just geldings.:roll:
         
        10-26-2008, 10:01 PM
      #17
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mudypony    
    They would be perfect together!! Lol! They're both like the exact same bay and are both typical tb's. Brickens is pretty picky about the horses he likes but lately he seems to go after every mare he sees now that he's in a pasture of just geldings.:roll:
    Haha. Is Brickens dominant? If so, Jubi would LOVE him. She hates the underdogs because she's so dominant herself.
         
        10-27-2008, 06:51 AM
      #18
    Yearling
    Oh yes Brickens is VERY dominant! He had to be moved to the warmblood pasture because he was picking on every other horse. Hopefully he doesn't start picking on the warmbloods too, or else....
         
        10-27-2008, 01:27 PM
      #19
    Green Broke
    Murphys will darken leather and will not hurt it :) we used to just glob some on a rag and rub it in...we didn't rinse it off.

    I just wanted to say that brickens looks great!
         
        10-27-2008, 02:44 PM
      #20
    Yearling
    Thanks kickshaw! Brickens has been improving immensely recently. You should have seen him last night he was absolutely amazing.

    Oh, and I'll have to try the Murphy's oil, hopefully by the weekend.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    New pics of Sonny :D and an update on him :) SonnyWimps Horse Pictures 10 10-26-2008 12:18 PM
    *pics* Update on Project Horse GeminiJumper Horse Riding Critique 12 07-27-2008 02:34 PM
    Pics of Brickens Racing.... back in the day mudypony Horse Pictures 15 06-12-2008 09:43 AM
    More Brickens Pics....... : ) mudypony Horse Pictures 6 06-09-2008 12:20 PM
    Brickens pics!! (LOTS of pics) mudypony Horse Pictures 10 06-02-2008 09:25 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0