Cody Photo Shoot (pic Heavy)
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Pictures

Cody Photo Shoot (pic Heavy)

This is a discussion on Cody Photo Shoot (pic Heavy) within the Horse Pictures forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category
  • Cody photoshoot

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-26-2011, 03:16 PM
  #1
Foal
Cody Photo Shoot (pic Heavy)

I want to be an animal photagrapher (not a big shot.. just small stuff, like pets) and so I take lots of pics of my animals all the time.. Any advice/ critiques are welcome. There not all that great lol, enjoy:

















Sorry for the Overload. :)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-26-2011, 04:05 PM
  #2
Yearling
They are all great but I love the second to last one, so cute!
     
    03-26-2011, 04:27 PM
  #3
Foal
Lol, thank you. :)
     
    03-27-2011, 03:27 AM
  #4
Yearling
*waves* As someone who is OBSESSED with photos of her animals I totally want to encourage you to pursue that

Really really cute horses! I'm not a professional photographer but I am often bribing people to come take professional photos of my horses so I can give you some "advice" as a would-be client!

I would try to take photos free of 'distractions' to really show off the animal. By distractions I mean any fences or wires in front of the horse. Imagine the 2nd photo from the top if there was not a fence in the way and at a slightly different "more centered" angle.

Usually my favorites are expressive with alert ears and eyes or that capture the animal doing something characteristic and charming.

When taking my own pictures of horses I find it sometimes helps to lower the camera to be "level" with them or try creative angles.

You also might try investing in a fancy high resolution camera where you can play with the focus and really get creative.

I hope some of that made sense, if not feel free to ignore me XD
     
    03-27-2011, 05:49 AM
  #5
Trained
OMG, you should so persue it!
     
    03-27-2011, 01:14 PM
  #6
Foal
Are you using an SLR? If so, a lower aperture would help blur out the background and make your subject "pop". Also, like a PP said, changing angles can make the viewer feel more a part of the photo...basically you want to be eye level with your subject (or even a bit lower with horses). Detail shots can be cool too, the paint has beautiful eyes it would be neat to see a close up of them :) Keep shooting, you're doing good!
     
    03-27-2011, 03:07 PM
  #7
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerly    
*waves* As someone who is OBSESSED with photos of her animals I totally want to encourage you to pursue that

Really really cute horses! I'm not a professional photographer but I am often bribing people to come take professional photos of my horses so I can give you some "advice" as a would-be client!

I would try to take photos free of 'distractions' to really show off the animal. By distractions I mean any fences or wires in front of the horse. Imagine the 2nd photo from the top if there was not a fence in the way and at a slightly different "more centered" angle.

Usually my favorites are expressive with alert ears and eyes or that capture the animal doing something characteristic and charming.

When taking my own pictures of horses I find it sometimes helps to lower the camera to be "level" with them or try creative angles.

You also might try investing in a fancy high resolution camera where you can play with the focus and really get creative.

I hope some of that made sense, if not feel free to ignore me XD

Agreed. These are wonderful pictures, however to really draw them apart from others I would really look into the advice given above. Your horses are really cute!!
     
    03-27-2011, 05:26 PM
  #8
Green Broke
Great pics!!!
     
    03-29-2011, 07:59 PM
  #9
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibear    
Are you using an SLR? If so, a lower aperture would help blur out the background and make your subject "pop". Also, like a PP said, changing angles can make the viewer feel more a part of the photo...basically you want to be eye level with your subject (or even a bit lower with horses). Detail shots can be cool too, the paint has beautiful eyes it would be neat to see a close up of them :) Keep shooting, you're doing good!
Not sure I understand what you mean by slr... lol!
     
    03-29-2011, 09:50 PM
  #10
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haylee    
Not sure I understand what you mean by slr... lol!
They are a bigger bodied camera with changeable lenses. You're probably using a point and shoot then :) Try using the macro setting and getting some eye pics!
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photo Shoot (new camera!!) JumpingJellyBean Horse Pictures 6 12-06-2010 09:08 PM
Fjord Photo Shoot! Beau Baby Horse Pictures 7 12-06-2010 07:15 PM
Mini Photo Shoot! Pt 2 Poco1220 Horse Pictures 18 09-23-2010 06:35 PM
Photo Shoot!! My animals MaryMooCow22 Horse Pictures 3 05-17-2008 02:19 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0