Hey I found it! I don't usually venture past the riding threads.
Got out to take a few pics yesterday, haven't gotten many since we started the big freeze back in December. Rona will be 2 in May, Welsh/Arab cross. As soon as the weather starts cooperating I will start ground driving her to hopefully put to cart. I probably won't ride her until next year but she will be saddled and ground driven this year for sure. I got a new surcingle I have yet to try on her. Crossing my fingers it fits!
It had been two months since I have measured Denny. He's grown an inch. I don't think we'll make the desired 16hh. I'm 5'4ish for comparison.
For the past two days Denny's gut has put him in sticky situations. He's been walking in between two strands of hot tape and getting stuck in the blocked off area. Not cool.
As a recap was born March 23rd 2012. He is an Irish Draught Sport Horse gelding by Snowford O'Donnell RID out of my Swedish Warmblood mare, Jalpa “Julep” by Juvel.
Snowford O’Donnell (RID) was the NWSHBA 2006 Hunter Sire of the Year. While my mare “Julep” is by Juvel, member of the 1988 US Olympic dressage team, 1991 Pan Am Games Silver Medalist & AHSA Grand Prix Horse of the Year; Juvel is by Flamingo, 1984 Olympic Team Bronze Medalist, winner of GP Kur at 1986 World Dressage Championships, named Sweden's Dressage Horse of the Year multiple times.
He is blessed with some quality bloodlines, as well as being genetically giant. He isn't technically two yet but he is already 15'3 and a half, JUST under 16 hands and SOLIDLY build. Dad is 16.2 and mom is 16.3. All of his judges comment talk about how well behaved he is and what a sweet disposition he has.
Since he hit the ground Aldis has competed in USEA FEH, USDF DSHB, Colt/Gelding and breed classes across the North West. Seriously, he was in his first in-hand schooling show at 3 weeks of age right next to momma.
He has show in current year colts/geldings in 2012, and yearling c/g in 2013, and we will continue to show Aldis this summer as a two year old showing USDF DHSB and USEA FEH. I haven't found any Hunter Breeding up here in the NW. He has a bunch of individual show wins, but his big wins include:
• 2013 Oregon Dressage Society DSHB, Yearling colts and geldings, Champion
• 2012 IDHSNA Champion in In-Hand Partbred Level 1.
• 2013 IDHSNA Champion in In-Hand Partbred Level 1.
• 2012 USDF All-Breed (IDHSNA), Dressage Sport Horse Breeding, Current Calendar Year Foal, Champion
• 2013 USDF All-Breed (IDHSNA), Dressage Sport Horse Breeding, Yearling Colts/Geldings, Champion
• NWSHBA 2012 Current Calendar Year Colt/Gelding, Champion
• NWSHBA 2013 Yearling Colt/Gelding, Champion
• 2012 USEF PHR Silver Stirrup, DSHB Young Horse, Zone Champion
• 2012 USEF PHR Silver Stirrup, DSHB Young Horse, National 12th Place
• 2013 USEF PHR Silver Stirrup, DSHB Young Horse, Zone Reserve Champion
• 2013 USEF PHR Silver Stirrup, DSHB Young Horse, National 7th Place
• 2012 Adequan®/USDF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding, Horse of the Year, 16th Place (Current Calendar Year, Colt/Geldings)
• 2013 Adequan®/USDF Dressage Sport Horse Breeding, Horse of the Year, 24th Place (Yearling, Colts/Geldings)
Red, now 20 months. Unfortunately summer here is our unproductive time, not that he's big enough to ride anyway, but I'm hoping by this coming fall/winter I can get started on his saddle work.
These are not the greatest pictures, but the most recent I have. I was trying to get a cute one of Red with our new guy Blue. They have very similar personalities. Red's mom is a huge brat, hates affection, but these guys are total love bugs. RedandBlue.jpg RedandBlue2.jpg RedandBlue4.jpg RedandBlue6.jpg
And one of him eating his dinner. Poor guy grows an insane winter coat, just like his momma, and this week we've been in the 80's, with only the slightest hint of shedding.
Hailey, Shiney Lil Ashley, will be 2 in June. SUPER SWEET baby, she has been ground driving since she was a year old. I got her at 8 months old. She is going to start riding (just cues and walking) in July. She will be the 2nd horses I have somepletely trained myself. She's a gem :)
These first two are from today while driving, went 4 miles.