Horse photos from Lebanon, taken in the past nine months - Page 6 - The Horse Forum
 34Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 73 Old 02-01-2013, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rachaya Al Wadi - Lebanon
Posts: 79
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepets View Post
those fields are soooo green!! and those saddles with the fabric on them look really comfy
Yes these fields are green from November to early May. For the rest of the year they look like gold.

The saddle you liked is a Syrian saddle. I personally prefer Western, dressage and English ones.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?"
Lebanese horse lover is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 73 Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rachaya Al Wadi - Lebanon
Posts: 79
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecrazygirl View Post
AH it makes it harder when the arabic is written in english! I am learning a different dialect i think then you speak. But the arabic language is like my teacher would say"a very rich language". Did you know there are 200 words for horse in arabic?
Can you read this:
أنا سعيد جدا أن خيولي أعجبتك... أتمنى لك التوفيق في دراسة اللغة العربية وأرحب بك في مزرعتي إذا جئت الى لبنان


"A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?"
Lebanese horse lover is offline  
post #53 of 73 Old 02-01-2013, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rachaya Al Wadi - Lebanon
Posts: 79
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecrazygirl View Post
Im learning the purest and most original form of arabic. im not sure most people will understand me because most of them speak the slang. so no not really the modren version of arabic.
The original form of Arabic is very well understood by nearly all Arabs. It's the language we hear if we watch news or documentaries in Arabic. But it's not spoken by people and many understand it but can't speak it because it is complicated. الحركات والاعراب...

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?"
Lebanese horse lover is offline  
post #54 of 73 Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: florida
Posts: 169
• Horses: 3
beutiful farm

live love lasso
lasso is offline  
post #55 of 73 Old 02-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,403
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese horse lover View Post
Can you read this:
أنا سعيد جدا أن خيولي أعجبتك... أتمنى لك التوفيق في دراسة اللغة العربية وأرحب بك في مزرعتي إذا جئت الى لبنان

I am so going to butcher this. I can understand parts of it...but im not completely sure. 1. because there is no haraakat. and i just started learning how to read with out it. Two my brain says its a weekend therefore i do not feel like working with you.

I am very happy that you like the horses? I wish you successes in your study of arabic. and welcome you to my farm if you came to lebanon?

How wrong am i?
demonwolfmoon likes this.

I may seem small, but if you mess with my horse, I will break out a level of crazy that will make your nightmares seem like a happy place.
horsecrazygirl is offline  
post #56 of 73 Old 02-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,403
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese horse lover View Post
The original form of Arabic is very well understood by nearly all Arabs. It's the language we hear if we watch news or documentaries in Arabic. But it's not spoken by people and many understand it but can't speak it because it is complicated. الحركات والاعراب...
yea that about sums it up. the haraakat and eraab makes me go crazy. mess one little harkaat up and the whole thing means something else.

I may seem small, but if you mess with my horse, I will break out a level of crazy that will make your nightmares seem like a happy place.
horsecrazygirl is offline  
post #57 of 73 Old 02-03-2013, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rachaya Al Wadi - Lebanon
Posts: 79
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecrazygirl View Post
I am so going to butcher this. I can understand parts of it...but im not completely sure. 1. because there is no haraakat. and i just started learning how to read with out it. Two my brain says its a weekend therefore i do not feel like working with you.

I am very happy that you like the horses? I wish you successes in your study of arabic. and welcome you to my farm if you came to lebanon?

How wrong am i?
Wonderful :) 95% correct. (Just "the horses" > "my horses")

You're close to becoming proficient.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?"
Lebanese horse lover is offline  
post #58 of 73 Old 02-03-2013, 01:37 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 703
• Horses: 0
Beautiful pictures, kids and horses. I love seeing horses in other parts of the world and in different cultures, makes me want to travel and see more of our big world. I also didn't expect it to be so green. I guess some people think we live in igloos and wear parkas in Canada. You have a beautiful country.
Mochachino is offline  
post #59 of 73 Old 02-03-2013, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rachaya Al Wadi - Lebanon
Posts: 79
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
Beautiful pictures, kids and horses. I love seeing horses in other parts of the world and in different cultures, makes me want to travel and see more of our big world. I also didn't expect it to be so green. I guess some people think we live in igloos and wear parkas in Canada. You have a beautiful country.
Thank you for your comment.

If you ever consider visiting Lebanon, you're most welcome to visit my farm.

Well, no, we don't think you live in igloos... You are just so stereotypical about the middle East. There are deserts, terrorists and poverty in many parts of it (and this is what your media highlights), and there are beautiful places and nice people in most of it. Don't misjudge the majority of us and our places because of the minority.

Regards from Lebanon
tinyliny likes this.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am I or are the others crazy?"
Lebanese horse lover is offline  
post #60 of 73 Old 02-03-2013, 03:09 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Wenas, WA
Posts: 950
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese horse lover View Post

Well, no, we don't think you live in igloos... You are just so stereotypical about the middle East. There are deserts, terrorists and poverty in many parts of it (and this is what your media highlights), and there are beautiful places and nice people in most of it. Don't misjudge the majority of us and our places because of the minority.

Regards from Lebanon
Sadly, our media does place emphasis on the bad. However, your pictures are lovely and I love that you've shared them with us! I would like to see more

"Horses donít have hard mouths, they have hard, stiff bodies. The softer you can get the horse through his body, the softer he will be in your hands." Clinton Anderson




AQHA13 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
comming up 3year old reg saddlebred Lebanon TN tcfarm Horses for Sale 0 11-25-2012 04:29 PM
Riding on snow in Rachaya-Lebanon Lebanese horse lover Horse Pictures 20 02-20-2012 01:56 PM
My horses. From Lebanon Lebanese horse lover Horse Pictures 45 02-20-2012 12:11 PM
Hey Older Riders, Share your Past Photos! 7Ponies Horse Pictures 2 08-02-2009 11:20 AM
A few new photos of Wikke (11 months old) Sara Horse Pictures 6 05-19-2008 11:15 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome