I shouldn't have done it, I should have stayed off that darn site! - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Pictures

I shouldn't have done it, I should have stayed off that darn site!

This is a discussion on I shouldn't have done it, I should have stayed off that darn site! within the Horse Pictures forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

    Like Tree72Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-15-2013, 03:14 PM
      #21
    Green Broke
    Oh man. If I were on the mainland I wouldnt even be hesitating lol
    BigNickMontana likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-15-2013, 03:19 PM
      #22
    Showing
    Nick, go and pick you one out! They can make some great little horses. I've had 2 and they both turned out amazing.

    ETA: If you don't have a horse at home already, you might want to get 2 just so neither of them gets lonely .
    BigNickMontana likes this.
         
        08-15-2013, 03:55 PM
      #23
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smrobs    
    Nick, go and pick you one out! They can make some great little horses. I've had 2 and they both turned out amazing.

    ETA: If you don't have a horse at home already, you might want to get 2 just so neither of them gets lonely .
    The second one is 15.1 hands, I am wondering if she is big enough to comfortably support me.

    As you can see from this pic with my ex, I'm not a little guy, I am 6'1" 260 lbs. (I was a lil heavier in the pic, she fed me good! Lol)



    I am figuring by the time I had a saddle, 60 lbs, and saddle bags, 40 lbs, a rifle canteen and other kit, would be looking at about 360 lbs on her back.

    Not sure she is big enough but she does look pretty strong.

    The first is only 14 hands, but I figured she would make a good pack horse or a good "girlfriend" horse. Because can't date a girl who won't go riding with me, but I know not all of em are going to come with their own horse.
         
        08-15-2013, 03:58 PM
      #24
    Green Broke
    Doooo eeeeeeet.
    KigerQueen likes this.
         
        08-15-2013, 04:15 PM
      #25
    Started
    OMG I want her!!!!!
    https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/hors...mygalleryview=
    BigNickMontana likes this.
         
        08-15-2013, 04:22 PM
      #26
    Showing
    I tell you what, it's not the height of the horse that matters. IMHO, I'd be more comfortable loading up that first one because she's got a nice short back and a big/thick barrel. That second one is sure pretty, but she(he?)'s really small around the barrel and the back is longer.

    This guy's got a nice short back and big barrel and he's taller...AND, he's only 2 so he'll bulk up and probably gain height over the next 2-3 years and end up being a really nice stout guy
    https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/horse.php?horse_id=5221

    Or this girl, she's really compact and stout looking. And, at 14.3 at only 2 years old, she'll likely get at least a couple more inches before she's done.
    https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/horse.php?horse_id=5875
         
        08-15-2013, 05:53 PM
      #27
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smrobs    
    I tell you what, it's not the height of the horse that matters. IMHO, I'd be more comfortable loading up that first one because she's got a nice short back and a big/thick barrel. That second one is sure pretty, but she(he?)'s really small around the barrel and the back is longer.

    This guy's got a nice short back and big barrel and he's taller...AND, he's only 2 so he'll bulk up and probably gain height over the next 2-3 years and end up being a really nice stout guy
    https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/horse.php?horse_id=5221

    Or this girl, she's really compact and stout looking. And, at 14.3 at only 2 years old, she'll likely get at least a couple more inches before she's done.
    https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/horse.php?horse_id=5875
    Those are both really good looking horses as well.. Can I just get all 4?
    smrobs and amp23 like this.
         
        08-15-2013, 06:25 PM
      #28
    Showing
    LOL, sure, why not?
         
        08-15-2013, 06:32 PM
      #29
    Started
    I had a list of the ones I liked.
    But I'm too lazy to do that much copy and pasting.
    I WANT THEM ALL.

    And I bet they are smart.

    I AM IN LOVE.
    https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/hors...mygalleryview=

    https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/hors...mygalleryview=
         
        08-15-2013, 06:41 PM
      #30
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by QHriderKE    
    I had a list of the ones I liked.
    But I'm too lazy to do that much copy and pasting.
    I WANT THEM ALL.

    And I bet they are smart.

    I AM IN LOVE.
    https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/hors...mygalleryview=

    https://www.blm.gov/adoptahorse/hors...mygalleryview=
    Those are also mighty fine looking horses.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    BUCKED! But stayed on! YAY! Wheatermay Horse Riding 8 06-10-2013 10:23 AM
    My horse just panicked - AND I STAYED ON! StormCloud Horse Talk 8 03-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Stayed on bucking horse in training trvlingheart Plus Sized Riders 5 08-20-2012 07:41 AM
    My terrible horse!!!! But she stayed on :) Citrus Horse Training 0 04-18-2011 09:11 PM
    Should I or shouldn't I? Lucara Horse Talk 10 01-14-2009 06:57 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0