Just some pics of Aires - Page 4
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Pictures

Just some pics of Aires

This is a discussion on Just some pics of Aires within the Horse Pictures forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

    Like Tree33Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-25-2011, 01:50 PM
      #31
    Showing
    Of course , we understand how the nervous thing works after a big fall .
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-27-2011, 10:37 PM
      #32
    Showing
    No riding pics yet. I did ride on Friday, but my friend was busy with something else and couldn't take pics (and I don't trust anyone else with my $400 camera).

    I did get some just-for-fun pics of Aires, though.
    Coming to see Mom in his stall:

    This would be a cute pic if it weren't for the stupid flies:

    My rock star!


    And this is Aires' half-sister, Piper. They are from the same (fugly) sire. Piper was foaled within a month of Aires. No, she's not standing on sloped ground. The ground she is on is actually fairly level. She is just THAT downhill. Also, don't know if you'll be able to spot it, but her left front leg turns out. She went on the trailer in Canada perfectly fine...when they got her off the trailer in Arizona, her leg was turned out and they still can't figure out how or why. It doesn't bother her, though. She runs and plays with the other horses and the vet said she can be used as a light trail horse.


    You can really see her turned out leg in this pic:

    Again, she's on relatively level ground...she is just THAT butt-high!
         
        08-28-2011, 08:04 AM
      #33
    Green Broke
    Wow! She is very butt high isnt she....how old is she? You def got the better pic of the two!! Aires is such a cutie!!! :)
         
        08-28-2011, 04:55 PM
      #34
    Showing
    She is less than a month older (or younger) than Aires and he's two. They were foaled within two or three weeks of each other, but I don't remember if she was born first or if he was (I think she was born first).

    Piper takes after their sire with that looooong back and funky neck. Luckily Aires is built like a Percheron in (relative) miniature.
         
        08-28-2011, 05:02 PM
      #35
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum    
    She is less than a month older (or younger) than Aires and he's two. They were foaled within two or three weeks of each other, but I don't remember if she was born first or if he was (I think she was born first).

    Piper takes after their sire with that looooong back and funky neck. Luckily Aires is built like a Percheron in (relative) miniature.
    Wow....thats a major difference....but then again, they are only half siblings, so that could be why their confo seems so different....I love his build!!!
         
        08-29-2011, 02:24 PM
      #36
    Showing
    I've had two people in the last week ask me if I'd be interested in selling him. O.o The first was a guy who came to look at a QH gelding the BO had for sale (and ended up buying him). Then yesterday, this couple showed up at random and asked the BO if he had any horses for sale. The BO has one QH mare for sale, but the people weren't interested in her (they were really weird...first the guy said he didn't want the mare because she wasn't papered, then a little while later, he said he didn't care about papers). Anyway, they went wandering around the property and when they got back up to the barn (where we were all sitting), they asked the BO if all the horses on the property were boarders except for that one mare. He said yes (duh!). They then asked if he could contact the owner of the big black and white paint gelding (Aires) and another gelding that's a chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail (pretty sure they meant the BO's son's horse, Tonka), and see if they'd be willing to sell. The BO said "Well, the owner of that big black and white gelding is sitting right there. (pointed to me) Why don't you ask her?" They asked and I most definitely said "HELL NO!" Then they started asking how old he is and what kind of cross he is (because he's obviously not a pure paint) and all that and I basically said "He's not for sale, and won't be anytime in the forseeable future...so why are you asking?" Maybe I was rude, but they really made me mad!
         
        08-29-2011, 04:26 PM
      #37
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum    
    I've had two people in the last week ask me if I'd be interested in selling him. O.o The first was a guy who came to look at a QH gelding the BO had for sale (and ended up buying him). Then yesterday, this couple showed up at random and asked the BO if he had any horses for sale. The BO has one QH mare for sale, but the people weren't interested in her (they were really weird...first the guy said he didn't want the mare because she wasn't papered, then a little while later, he said he didn't care about papers). Anyway, they went wandering around the property and when they got back up to the barn (where we were all sitting), they asked the BO if all the horses on the property were boarders except for that one mare. He said yes (duh!). They then asked if he could contact the owner of the big black and white paint gelding (Aires) and another gelding that's a chestnut with a flaxen mane and tail (pretty sure they meant the BO's son's horse, Tonka), and see if they'd be willing to sell. The BO said "Well, the owner of that big black and white gelding is sitting right there. (pointed to me) Why don't you ask her?" They asked and I most definitely said "HELL NO!" Then they started asking how old he is and what kind of cross he is (because he's obviously not a pure paint) and all that and I basically said "He's not for sale, and won't be anytime in the forseeable future...so why are you asking?" Maybe I was rude, but they really made me mad!


    Wow!! IMO, I could see why they would want him. He is a gorgeous boy!! At least you know that if you ever do have to sell him, you shouldnt have a problem. But I know what you mean. The barn I just got Rodeo to, has a girl there that has 2 or 3 other horses, and she told the BO, that she wants Rodeo, and that she wants to be the first to ride him, she wants to train him, she wants to use him for barrels, and what not over and over again....then the BO told me about it, and was basically asking me so she could tell the girl a yes or no answer.....I just don't know, lol....just hoping her "obsession" with him doesnt mess, or do anything to the training that were doing, and will be planning on doing
         
        08-29-2011, 04:31 PM
      #38
    Showing
    There's a girl at our barn like that, actually. She has a four-year-old paint gelding who is horrible (only with her, though) and bucks, rears, and has even sent her to the hospital. She found out that another boarder is interested in selling their 7yo mustang who is an amazing arena horse and all of a sudden she's lost interest in her gelding and wants this mustang. The BO flat-out told her that she can't take care of her horse (he's colicked four times in the last two months because she runs him hard, puts him away hot, and then feeds him grain right away), so she doesn't need another horse.
         
        08-29-2011, 04:36 PM
      #39
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum    
    There's a girl at our barn like that, actually. She has a four-year-old paint gelding who is horrible (only with her, though) and bucks, rears, and has even sent her to the hospital. She found out that another boarder is interested in selling their 7yo mustang who is an amazing arena horse and all of a sudden she's lost interest in her gelding and wants this mustang. The BO flat-out told her that she can't take care of her horse (he's colicked four times in the last two months because she runs him hard, puts him away hot, and then feeds him grain right away), so she doesn't need another horse.
    Wow!! Yeah, that doesnt sound any good....it wouldnt bother me so much, but she is the BO's granddaughter, so she feeds, turns out, and brings the horses in from the pasture....she already has this whole "game plan" of what she wants to do with Rodeo. When the BO told me about it, she was basically asking me, for my permission for her granddaughter to let her work with Rodeo...she seemed kind of bummed out a little, when I didnt respond to "yes, of course you can" LOL, but oh well.
         
        09-01-2011, 08:09 PM
      #40
    Showing
    Just have to share a proud momma moment with Aires today.

    I was going to ride, but am still coughing really bad and feel just drained (I have bronchitis, of all things!), so I just turned Aires out with his two best friends, Rex and CJ.

    There is this lady who is one of our overnighters who is just absolutely awesome. Everyone loves her, she's an absolute sweetheart and she'd do anything for anyone. She gave me a brand new 78" custom-made winter blanket for Aires, complete with hood, for free the last time she was here (she got rid of the horse it was made to fit and the people who bought the horse didn't want the blanket). This time, she had all sorts of goodies with her. She gave me a nice, big Kensington fly mask and a water bottle bag for my saddle. She gave my friend some stuff too.

    Anyway, my proud momma moment came when I went to try the fly mask on Aires. This is the horse that actually reared up on me a little when I tried to put a fly mask on him a month and a half ago. So, I put him in his stall, undid his halter (but held it in place with one hand) and then slipped the fly mask over his ears. He didn't even try to pull away! He just stood there and let me put it on him! :-D YAY for deciding that a fly mask isn't going to kill him! I was really wanting to put a fly mask on him because the flies really bother his face (not the rest of him, but just his face).

    Anyway, here's a pic of my handsome boy sporting his "new" fly mask.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    What's That? MORE Juno Pics?! -WARNING- TONS of pics!! AnnaLover Horse Pictures 17 07-06-2011 07:42 PM
    Buenos Aires...and other horses I've worked with DraftyAiresMum Horse Pictures 4 06-02-2011 02:44 PM
    Rescue horse Very in foal **DUSTY HAD HER FILLY** PICS PICS PICS !!! sssmith Horse Breeding 94 05-27-2011 10:41 PM
    new pics of dallie AKA sweet pea... Tons of pics Dvine Horse Pictures 10 09-15-2008 11:45 PM
    *I am new* please critique pics! WARNING TONS of pics! ♥Rumor&#982 Horse Riding Critique 2 05-24-2008 08:04 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0