More gawky yearling photos! - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Pictures

More gawky yearling photos!

This is a discussion on More gawky yearling photos! within the Horse Pictures forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category
  • Yearling high to make 16hh when mature

Like Tree14Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-05-2012, 04:43 PM
  #11
Green Broke
He's cute! Just needs to grow into himself a bit. :)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-05-2012, 06:17 PM
  #12
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaBean    
He's cute! Just needs to grow into himself a bit. :)
He's only 16 months, so I hope he stays gangly looking for a while yet, really hoping he'll make 16hh as he's quite little still!
Watching him trotting out in the roundyard made my heart sing, even though he's still very bum high and awkward looking, he pushing straight off his hocks and has very natural rhythm and elevation in his paces. Changing direction, going, and stopping, always over his hocks, and the hocks themselves has such fantastic bend and activity. He is going to be so much fun to ride, I am so keen to get back out competing again on such a lovely horse!
     
    03-05-2012, 06:28 PM
  #13
Green Broke
Gawky or not, he's a handsome boy!!
     
    03-05-2012, 06:52 PM
  #14
Started
He's GORGEOUS!!!! I love his face markings he is going to be quite the looker!
     
    03-05-2012, 11:52 PM
  #15
Green Broke
He's growing up so fast! Doesn't have baby face any more but still scrumptious none the less!
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-06-2012, 11:05 AM
  #16
Green Broke
Hes so cute! LOL, gosh how I hate those awkward stages. I think he looks a lot better going through his than Rodeo ever did! How tall would you say he is right now?

Really looking forward to seeing him mature and grow up! I think he'll be absolutely stunning!
     
    03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
  #17
Yearling
I can see a VERY gorgeous horse, under his gawkiness. He will turn into a VERY gorgeous horse. Good luck with him :).
     
    03-06-2012, 02:07 PM
  #18
Trained
LOL
I was going to say, he looks well cared for!!
But I've got a few that would put him to shame so I can't really say anything!

Great pictures! He looks very happy and healthy. :)
     
    03-06-2012, 05:40 PM
  #19
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by csimkunas6    
Hes so cute! LOL, gosh how I hate those awkward stages. I think he looks a lot better going through his than Rodeo ever did! How tall would you say he is right now?

Really looking forward to seeing him mature and grow up! I think he'll be absolutely stunning!
He's a smidge under 15hh at the moment and went 16 months on the 23rd Feb. Still has very big gaps in his knees, I can fit nearly 4 fingers in! He just looks so little in the paddock, his paddock buddy is a nearly 2 year old friesian who's sire is a whisker off 18hh and dam is 17hh - the breeder's goal is to breed BIG friesians.... this 2 year old is enormous

WSArabians, haha yes, he's got a bit of a beer belly on him Poor thing, he can't ever stay at a good weight, he's too fat, then skinny, then fat and so on! I can still feel ribs at least!!
     
    03-06-2012, 10:29 PM
  #20
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayty    
He's a smidge under 15hh at the moment and went 16 months on the 23rd Feb. Still has very big gaps in his knees, I can fit nearly 4 fingers in! He just looks so little in the paddock, his paddock buddy is a nearly 2 year old friesian who's sire is a whisker off 18hh and dam is 17hh - the breeder's goal is to breed BIG friesians.... this 2 year old is enormous

WSArabians, haha yes, he's got a bit of a beer belly on him Poor thing, he can't ever stay at a good weight, he's too fat, then skinny, then fat and so on! I can still feel ribs at least!!
Wow!!! That's how tall Rodeo is now, and he turns two in a month!! Id say he'll be a good height really. Rodeo was 14.2ish back at 16months, his height growth has slowed down quite a bit, but for me, he can stop anytime, lol, although I wouldnt mind him at 15.3-16hh!
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yearling Photos csimkunas6 Horse Pictures 73 02-12-2012 10:26 AM
What do you think of my yearling? Walker Horse Riding Critique 6 07-28-2011 06:16 PM
yearling, what now? Starryeyed Horse Training 13 05-26-2009 02:53 PM
My Yearling Again. Better Photos. Critque. SilentBravery09 Horse Riding Critique 8 05-25-2009 09:35 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0