My new buckskin horses :) - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Pictures

My new buckskin horses :)

This is a discussion on My new buckskin horses :) within the Horse Pictures forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category
  • A horse named dozer

Like Tree8Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    10-02-2012, 11:04 AM
  #11
Yearling
Yeah, Dozer is a little unimpressive when she's standing next to him lol. Thanks everyone! PS you'll have to go through me to get her... :P
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    10-02-2012, 11:09 AM
  #12
Yearling
I would take Dozer any day of the week. When he is all muscled up, filled out and groomed up he is going to be very fancy.
Equilove likes this.
     
    10-02-2012, 11:13 AM
  #13
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga    
I would take Dozer any day of the week. When he is all muscled up, filled out and groomed up he is going to be very fancy.
If I were into showing, I think he'd make a nice dressage horse. He's got nice uphill build and a gliding trot... he's my kinda horse. =)
     
    10-02-2012, 11:21 AM
  #14
Yearling
Willow has a beautiful eye. On top of that, she's beautiful in general.

I'm on Dozer's side though, just because of the name I fell in love with a school horse called Dozer - he was the ugliest Quarter Horse I had ever seen, had horrid conformation and no personality, but he was special. He was affectionately known to me as Dozey-bum, because he had one heck of a rear end on him.

I must say though, you are the first person I have ever met who is happy to become the owner of horses that have landed their last riders in hospital. Except perhaps the people that bought my mare.
     
    10-02-2012, 11:31 AM
  #15
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracer    
Willow has a beautiful eye. On top of that, she's beautiful in general.

I'm on Dozer's side though, just because of the name I fell in love with a school horse called Dozer - he was the ugliest Quarter Horse I had ever seen, had horrid conformation and no personality, but he was special. He was affectionately known to me as Dozey-bum, because he had one heck of a rear end on him.

I must say though, you are the first person I have ever met who is happy to become the owner of horses that have landed their last riders in hospital. Except perhaps the people that bought my mare.
Haha I like to give the "crazy" ones second chances ... :P I figure whatever happened was just lack of preparation, education, and training. Anyone that knows me knows I don't mind taking extra time for a horse that needs it. I've purchased lots of "crazy" horses that turned out to be the exact opposite :)
Tracer likes this.
     
    10-02-2012, 12:00 PM
  #16
Green Broke
They're so cute! My Henny is like a mix of both your horses hehe.

Chiila, what is the phenotypic difference in a brown based buckskin and a bay based? Henny is definitely brown based, he's almost black right now :/ He was such a nice golden color but with this winter coat coming in he looks like a completely different horse. Not trying to threadjack, just curious :)
     
    10-02-2012, 12:35 PM
  #17
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayella    
They're so cute! My Henny is like a mix of both your horses hehe.

Chiila, what is the phenotypic difference in a brown based buckskin and a bay based? Henny is definitely brown based, he's almost black right now :/ He was such a nice golden color but with this winter coat coming in he looks like a completely different horse. Not trying to threadjack, just curious :)
Actually, I started a thread about his color before I brought him home - Buckskin...?
     
    10-02-2012, 12:37 PM
  #18
Yearling
And another picture of Willow

     
    10-02-2012, 12:52 PM
  #19
Green Broke
Willow is so pretty! I love my some buckskins pintos ;) Although I'm a bit partial

Here's my boy Henny. The first picture was the end of August when I first brought him home. A gorgeous color. The second picture is him now, and he is darkening by the day. I can't wait for him to shed out next summer. I get a new horse twice a year LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003-3-1.jpg (79.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 001-8.jpg (44.3 KB, 31 views)
     
    10-02-2012, 01:10 PM
  #20
Yearling
Aww! He is like a mix between Dozer and Willow!
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Get a Buckskin hackin'around Horse Breeding 16 12-22-2012 12:50 AM
Buckskin or not? kctop72 Horse Colors and Genetics 31 09-08-2012 12:33 PM
Who says buckskin??? convoy76 Horse Colors and Genetics 5 06-19-2012 10:45 AM
buckskin or dun? busysmurf Horse Colors and Genetics 5 03-19-2012 09:24 PM
How to get a Buckskin out of a Red Dun? TorchwoodMindfreak Horse Colors and Genetics 28 03-11-2011 10:48 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0