Naomi riding Goldie
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Pictures

Naomi riding Goldie

This is a discussion on Naomi riding Goldie within the Horse Pictures forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        09-02-2009, 07:40 PM
      #1
    Yearling
    Naomi riding Goldie

    My little sister Naomi had her first lesson today on Goldie, Goldie was being a bit of a pain and didn't want to do anything so it wasn't the best lesson but it went okay. here are some pictures!! Feel free to critique just remember Naomi has only been on a horse a handful of times.















    Also we couldn't find her riding boots so she was using mine. Lol
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        09-02-2009, 07:58 PM
      #2
    Foal
    lovely pics, keep us updated on her progress !
         
        09-02-2009, 10:35 PM
      #3
    Yearling
    Looks like she's doin' a great job! Goldie is gorgeous!
         
        09-02-2009, 11:39 PM
      #4
    Trained
    Looking good!

    Does Goldie go in a snaffle? It might be an idea to start Naomi off riding in a snaffle until she really understands the working/ramifications of a curb bit. Iknow it would have been way to confusing for me when I started!
         
        09-03-2009, 03:06 AM
      #5
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wild_spot    
    Looking good!

    Does Goldie go in a snaffle? It might be an idea to start Naomi off riding in a snaffle until she really understands the working/ramifications of a curb bit. Iknow it would have been way to confusing for me when I started!
    Thats what we had her in at first but she would not listen at all, so we switched her to the curb witch works so much better, she just came into heat so I think that's why she's been such a brat, so hopefully once she out she will be good. If not we might just use Onyx as he seams to behave alot better, witch was surprising.
         
        09-03-2009, 05:43 PM
      #6
    Trained
    Fair enough! That's why I tend to not own mares :]

    She's a lovely looking horse!
         
        09-03-2009, 07:52 PM
      #7
    Weanling
    Just watch her with her heels/stirrups the last picture is kind of scary how far her feet are in them.

    They both look very cute :)
         
        09-03-2009, 08:41 PM
      #8
    Weanling
    Goldie is beautiful! She looks a little uncomfortable in the saddle, but maybe that's just because Goldie was misbehaving. They look adorable together!

    The only thing I can say is heals down, toes up, and to sit up straight. Other than that she looks great =D
         
        09-04-2009, 02:17 AM
      #9
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saint3meg3rlfc    
    Just watch her with her heels/stirrups the last picture is kind of scary how far her feet are in them.

    They both look very cute :)
    yea its because she was using my boots and there a bit too big, lol, I couldn't find her boots... still don't know where they are. Next time we will just stick to normal shoes.
         
        09-04-2009, 02:23 AM
      #10
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thatgirlsacowboy    
    Goldie is beautiful! She looks a little uncomfortable in the saddle, but maybe that's just because Goldie was misbehaving. They look adorable together!

    The only thing I can say is heals down, toes up, and to sit up straight. Other than that she looks great =D
    yea that saddle is way to small, my other one fits her good but the stirrups don't go short enough... so it was either no stirrups or small seat... lol! I have been looking for a new saddle but I really don't want to pay an arm and a leg for one...

    Yea the trainer started out telling her that and she was doing good but then Goldie was being a brat so she was just get her to go where you want for now... so after a while Goldie was better and she helped her work on her hands. Gotta do one thing at a time really when first starting out.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Onyx and Naomi Twilight Arabians Horse Pictures 3 07-13-2009 10:01 PM
    Goldie, Chava, and Lucy! Pictures from today! Small_Town_Girl Horse Pictures 11 09-01-2008 02:49 PM
    Goldie! neigh Horse Pictures 5 08-16-2008 07:11 PM
    Goldie Videos! neigh Horse Videos 0 08-15-2008 03:13 PM
    Getting back into riding-lease choice and riding critique! missy06 Horse Riding Critique 9 05-02-2008 04:50 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0