The newest herd addition - Monster pony - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Pictures

The newest herd addition - Monster pony

This is a discussion on The newest herd addition - Monster pony within the Horse Pictures forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

    Like Tree15Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-16-2013, 02:55 AM
      #11
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gallop On    

    I havent had a mane to play with forever, since I roached Rustys mane, and Taz just doesnt have a mane, so I was in heaven


    HOW DID YOU DO THIS?!

    It's so pretty... I want to do that for Sky.. or show my friend this thread so she can do it...
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-16-2013, 04:39 PM
      #12
    Foal
    Aww cute horses! I love Bella's eyes, Taz's "tail," and Rusty is just all around cute!
         
        02-17-2013, 05:36 AM
      #13
    Green Broke
    Cute mare and the others are nice too!
         
        02-21-2013, 01:42 PM
      #14
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    HOW DID YOU DO THIS?!

    It's so pretty... I want to do that for Sky.. or show my friend this thread so she can do it...
    Awee, thank you! Its just a running braid, and its really simple. Just start from their poll, or wherever their mane starts, and take about half inch thick sections and just start a regular braid and just braid normally for a few passes, then grab a chunk of mane hanging down about the size of one of the strands in the braid, and add it to the left most strand. Continue down the neck, adding a piece of hair to the left most strand every pass. When you get to the withers, and run out of hair, just continue regular braiding until you get to the end, then tie it off ;) Their are tons of tutorials, and its actually one of the easiest braids for me to do (and I suck at braiding )
         
        02-21-2013, 01:46 PM
      #15
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stichy    
    Is it just me....or does Taz's snip look like he's flipping someone off? Lol
    Aha, I never noticed that until you said something... Bahaha, yes it does
         
        02-21-2013, 11:44 PM
      #16
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gallop On    
    Awee, thank you! Its just a running braid, and its really simple. Just start from their poll, or wherever their mane starts, and take about half inch thick sections and just start a regular braid and just braid normally for a few passes, then grab a chunk of mane hanging down about the size of one of the strands in the braid, and add it to the left most strand. Continue down the neck, adding a piece of hair to the left most strand every pass. When you get to the withers, and run out of hair, just continue regular braiding until you get to the end, then tie it off ;) Their are tons of tutorials, and its actually one of the easiest braids for me to do (and I suck at braiding )
    My running braids always taper off to a triangle shape.. yours is perfectly following your horse's neck.. any secret to doing that?
         
        02-22-2013, 12:05 AM
      #17
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    My running braids always taper off to a triangle shape.. yours is perfectly following your horse's neck.. any secret to doing that?
    You just have to keep it really tight. :) I find that it's easier if the mane is not at all slick. It's even "easier" if the horse in question has sort of a thick mane. It can happen on a thinner maned horse but it's trickier!

    Also, it's easier to keep it tight if you're braiding from above - standing on a stool or something, so you aren't reaching up AND trying to braid.
    Skyseternalangel likes this.
         
        02-22-2013, 12:10 AM
      #18
    Showing
    Awesome :) I'll give it a go next time!
    Wallaby likes this.
         
        02-22-2013, 12:15 AM
      #19
    Weanling
    She has such pretty eyes!
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Our Newest Addition MyLittlePonies Stallions and Broodmares 23 11-02-2012 03:41 PM
    Our newest addition armydogs Horse Pictures 1 10-07-2012 09:44 AM
    Our newest addition whiskeynoo Horse Pictures 13 05-28-2012 08:04 PM
    My newest addition churumbeque Horse Pictures 7 03-29-2012 09:03 PM
    Just My Newest Addition! iloverains Horse Videos 4 01-06-2012 05:37 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0